Chapter 13

My thoughts about the student council being biased over my complaint keep lingering in my head for twenty-four hours now.

The way they mocked me speaks for it. I don't know if that office has justice in it. They would never forsake the President's son for sure.

"Hey, Miss Sarada,"

Oh, dammit!

I forgot I'm in the middle of the class. My adviser interrupts me from my thoughts and hands me a piece of paper.

What's this?

I read what's written on it. I look around and see everyone holding the same in their hands.

Acquaintance party tomorrow?

"It's an invitation for the acquaintance party tomorrow at the University Convention Room. An acquaintance party is held every year to welcome the freshmen in this university. You better not miss it and enjoy," she tells us about the activity.

It sounds fun but I don't think I will enjoy it at all. Having doubts about my complaint makes it difficult for me to enjoy things.

Although the moron hasn't done anything to me until now, it fears me that he has something bigger than that red tag to be out soon.

No, I'm overthinking. I should not stress out on this and focus on my studies. I'm getting headaches sometimes too when I think of a lot of things.

"Sarada, honey, take care of yourself there. Eat plenty of healthy foods, have enough good sleep, and enjoy your stay there," mom called me.

"Don't worry about me, mom. I'm doing fine and besides, Chocho is here to remind me of all that," I need to use Chocho so she won't worry more.

"Yes, I know she is looking after you and I can't thank her enough for that. Don't give her too much headache, okay?" she sounds persistent now.

"I know that mom. See you soon," I say goodbye and I head back to where Chocho is. We are having snacks on the benches when she called.

"Will you come to the acquaintance party tomorrow?" I say upon sitting down beside her.

"Of course, it's for us freshmen, right?" she raises one brow.

"I suppose," I reply.

"Is there something bothering you?" she seems worried.

"Nothing. My complaint report is what bugs me until now," I answer her.

"Can't you forget about it? I mean he has not bothered you since then. Move on?" she implies I should forget about it.

"Should I? I don't know but I have been so wary about it. I feel there is something wrong," I express my doubt about it to her.

"Sarada..." she sounds sad. She suddenly grabs my hand.

"Don't overthink. If something bad will happen, I will always be here to back you up. If I can prevent it from happening, I'll do it," she cheers me up.

"Chocho, thank you," I can't stop myself from hugging her. Thank goodness I have her as a friend.

"What are you saying? Is it what a friend is supposed to do? You told me that before," she winks at me.

"Yeah," I chuckle.

"By the way, we badly need to get a part-time job, Sarada. My pocket is almost empty," she sobs.

We tried looking for a job last week but we failed. We did not fit the qualifications needed. Honestly, my wallet is almost empty too. I can't burden mom with all my allowance. I need to do something for financial support. Besides, I need to help Chocho with her tuition fee since she has not told her parents about the university.