Chapter 2: Moriya Shrine

Inside the mountain shrine Suwako and Kanako were seemingly playing… Uno?

"Uno!" Suwako grinned slamming down a red seven onto the growing pile of cards in between her and Kanako. The mountain goddess huffed holding five cards in her hands glaring at the other when she paused noticing Sanae, Marisa, and Remilia walking in.

Reimu spotted the two goddesses and waves sheepishly as Marisa rubbed her head which now had a very angry bump on it from knocking into the pillar prior to her entrance. Remilia simply sighs "Marisa, you must be more careful! You could've damaged the pillar!" Marisa gave the resident vampire a deadpan stare.

"Wow, I feel so loved here" the magician said sarcastically. Remilia just giggled her red eyes directing her focus to the two goddesses who paused their game to greet their guests. Suwako spoke first more to Reimu then the others, "Good afternoon Reimu" the goddess turned her head to look at Marisa and Remilia who were glaring at each other.

The shrine maiden flinched and sighs "Ignore them for now, this is urgent!" Sanae nodded in agreement with Reimu "I have something I need to talk to you about as well, I saw this odd neon colored figure on a skateboard near the bottom of the mountain!" Reimu smiles a little "Sanae, we found something that might link to this youkai! I already explained but," she turned to Suwako and Kanako who paused their game to listen.

"Could you help identify if this dust came from Earth or Gensokyo? We found it at the scene of the explosion." Sanae, while Reimu was talking peered into the bag and coughs at the dust. Suwako got up and looked into the bag frowning "I don't think this is any regular dust" Suwako stated.

Sanae upon those words stood still her eyes widening. "Wait..." She dropped the bag, which thankfully Suwako caught, and bolted to a room to the left of the main area through Marisa and Remilia who back away from each other in alarm.

A few minutes later Sanae comes back holding a piece of paper. "...I think I know what youkai, well monster, left that dust" She handed the piece of paper to a confused Reimu. Marisa and Remilia look at each other, shrug then peek over Reimu's shoulders to get a good look at what the paper contained.

It was an image of a skeleton, with a hoodie and shorts

It was an image of a skeleton, with a hoodie and shorts. His eyes were the most odd part, one was red and the other a blue pupil with red sclera.

Reimu seemed to visibly shudder at it. But she noticed the odd grey powder on it's jacket, though there wasn't any white fluff anywhere. "Well... That's one item identified..." She comments.

Remilia looked up at Sanae, "Where did you find this?" She asked. The green shrine maiden looked a bit worried. "It's what I found on the ground after the youkai on the skateboard went out of my sight."

~ Time Skip ~

Reimu, and Marisa decided to check with the divine spirits as one of them had the ability to read someone's desires, it's at least something they can work off of.

Though the vampire figured they could handle it, besides it was still daytime and she couldn't carry the umbrella forever. Remilia did promise to ask Patchouli, her friend and librarian of the biggest collection of books in Gensokyo, if she could find anything about the odd skeleton in The Great Library.

Remembering the divine spirits forted up under the Hakurei Shrine they headed back to where they started. Marisa landed softly this time as well as Reimu, who immediately stomped on the floor of the shrine. "Miko! I need to talk to you!" She called, Marisa sat on the steps of the shrine to wait. A tile of the cobblestone walkway opened, two odd ear looking things popped out along with the rest of the royal known as Toyosatomimi no Miko.

"Is there something you needed Hakurei?" She asked politely. Reimu nodded and showed the spirit the image of the skeleton Sanae gave her earlier. "Can you try to read the desires of this youkai? We think it's in Gensokyo and need and clues we can get." Miko tilted her head at the image. "I can try, but I've never tried to read the desires of someone who wasn't in front of me." Reimu smiles and nods handing the image to her.

Miko looks at the picture and her ears like hair start to twitch and swivel like a cats, her eyes closed concentrating. Her eyes shot open and her eyes... Were now the same as the skeleton in the image; Suddenly, she spoke in an odd gravely voice.

"I am, Dusttale Sans my desire... Is to gather EXP to raise my LV so I can finally kill the human Frisk once and for all"

Once she was finished speaking her eyes closed again then opened once more back to the normal color. "That desire was probably the oddest one I've ever told." Miko spoke.

Reimu looked concerned "I've never heard of Frisk before, I guess that's our next clue. Thank you Miko!" The divine spirit nodded handing the photo back to her. "You probably need this back. Now I shall take my leave. Farewell." She returned through the hole in the ground covering the hole back up with the cobblestone.

Marisa got up after the ordeal and stretched "Are you done now?" Reimu nodded "We have some new information now thanks to Miko, apparently this youkai is looking for something called 'EXP' to raise their 'LV' to murder this human named Frisk" Marisa nodded frowning. "Maybe we should go see Remilia to try to find out what she's found out" Reimu agreed so they both start to fly off towards The Scarlet Devil Mansion.