Las Vegas - Three Years Ago

It was winter and Nayeon had no plans of spending it sulking about her parents cancelling their plans of visiting her.

Instead of moping, she books the earliest flight to Vegas to get wasted and have fun. She wanted to
temporarily forget the mess going on in her life.

Her best friend Jihyo is not around for the season, and her ex Jeongyeon had some other plans better than make up sex.

So she gets lost. Lost in the city lights, in faces of strangers, in poker chips, in whatever she could not find herself in.

She just needed something or someone’s company. And that is what the godforsaken club
downtown, gave her. Somewhat like a divine intervention.

Just outside the club’s entrance stood an attractive lady wearing a denim jacket, a green halter top, a choker, and a pair of shorts exposing her god-like figure.

For a second, Nayeon started batting her eyes, trying to see if this woman before her was real.
Nayeon was in a drunken state and it’s hard to trust herself when she’s drunk.

The hot girl was real, apparently, and not just a product of Nayeon’s drunken thoughts.

Nayeon approaches the girl, who was apparently talking to someone on her phone.

“Are you Asian?” Nayeon asks abruptly once she sees the call dropped, trying to act sober.

The girl just stares at her. “Sorry, I don’t speak English.” she replies to Nayeon.

“I’m sorry too, but I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. You were speaking perfect English.” Nayeon says.

“Ah shit.” The lady curses in Korean.

Nayeon’s eyes widens at this and immediately asks the girl in Korean if she was Korean.

“No.” The girl replies in Korean in a reflex.

“Insane. How’d you understand what I asked you though?” Nayeon continues her probing in her mother tongue.

“I’m Japanese.” the girl stares at Nayeon blankly.

God, these deadly stares will end Nayeon tonight.

“Are you alone?” Nayeon inches closer, assuming they have broken down at least one barrier.
Thank God for being Asian, now she has one similarity with someone she finds hot.

“No. I’m out with friends.”

“I see. Do you mind if I stay here outside with you for a while?” Nayeon asks.

“Yes.”

“Yes means you mind.” Nayeon tries to clarify.

“I know.” The girl replies. She seemed off, as if looking for some people. Or hiding from them.

“Are you okay?” Nayeon tilts her head, sensing there might be something wrong.

“You know what, kiss me.” The girl looks around and slides her arm around Nayeon’s waist.

“Uhm-what?” Nayeon was dumbstruck. An opportunity just fell into her lap.

“Did I misread you trying to flirt with me moments ago?”

"No"

“Good. Then let’s make out.” The girl initiates the kiss.

What started out as a make out session turned into a wild night. The two end up in Nayeon’s hotel room.

Clothes were off the moment they enter. Nayeon’s shirt was partly ripped in the process of taking it
off. The girl’s jacket has flown across the room. A beautiful mess.