02. || Starving

I pulled my car over and leaned against the engine hood patiently waiting for my food to arrive.

Bored of the fact that no one came across here I started playing with my red colored nails. Red was kinda my favorite color. My lips and nails were always painted red, I found it kinda sexy to be honest.

Finally I saw a stranger jogging my way. Grinning to myself I opened the engine hood of my car and put a desperate look on my face.

I heard his footsteps coming closer and then he slowed down.
This is gonna be so good, I thought.

"Hey everything's alright?"

I turned around just to look at a muscular guy with brown hair. Damn, this town has changed a lot. "Uh no if I gotta be honest. My car broke down and I have literally no idea why." I sighed and showed him that I was soo tired.

"I can have a look if you want?"

"That'd be great! Thank you!"

He rolled up his headphones and put them into his pocket. He leaned over my car inspecting everything very carefully. In the meantime I watched his carotid artery pump. "I'm Layla.." I decided to get to know him before sucking the blood out of him. Of course I did not plan on killing him. That would've drawn too much attention on me and other vampires.

"I'm Jeremy. Jeremy Gilbert."

Oh one of the founder families. I turned him to me and looked him deep in the eyes.
"You're not gonna move or make any noise."
He nodded in trance. I smiled before I smashed my fangs into his neck.

I barely could stop myself from drinking his blood. Who would've thought that one of the progeny of the Gilbert family would smoke weed? I wiped the blood from my lips and stared him into the eyes.

"You're not gonna remember any of this. You went jogging and can't remember anything else." Jeremy nodded like a well behaved dog. He plugged his headphones back in his ears and continued jogging.

-

As the sun started going down I still had no track to the two guys I was looking for. I thought about just going to the famous mansion and knocking the door but no.
That wasn't my thing.

Just like in the morning I drove to the grill and made my way inside. I peeked around, but sadly I couldn't find anyone with a familiar face, besides Matt at the bar.

"Hey, found what you're looking for?"

Tyler suddenly appeared in front of me which made me stumble a little. He quickly wrapped his hand around my hip to keep me from falling backwards. He smirked at me, but before I could say anything a blonde girl came up to us and smiled at me. It was rather a dangerous smile than a friendly one.

"Hey I'm Caroline Forbes!"

She reached out her hand for me to shake it. I got out of Tylers grip and shook her hand. She squeezed my hand almost so hard that it impressed me.
I started to understand why Klaus liked her.

"Layla."

I introduced myself to Klaus' one night stand and gave her a genuine smile.
"You wanna hang out with us?"
Tyler asked me and I looked in Carolines eyes with a deadly serious glare and answered;
"I'd love to."

We walked up to their table and the moment I saw her my chin dropped. As soon as I got a closer look at her hair, clothing and Make-Up, I knew for a fact that this wasn't Katherine Pierce.

"Hey I'm Elena."

She said and waved her hand. Elena. A doppelgänger. I sat down next to Tyler and we all started talking, mainly about them all leaving high school soon. The topic switched to me for a bit, but I lied like a champion about my intentions in Mystic Falls.

After an hour a girl ran up to our table.
From the very first glance at her I could tell that she was a Bennett witch.

"Somebody drank from Jeremy!"

She said with a clenched jaw. Elena quickly stood up and furrowed her brows.
"Bonnie what are you talking about?"
Bonnie Bennett showed us a picture of Jeremy Gilberts neck. Oop my bad.

They all started discussing this topic furiously and I was just quietly listening to them, trying to contain my laughter. About fifteen minutes into the discussion, Tyler locked eyes with me.
Every color rushed off his face when he realized that I had listened to them.

"Guys! Layla's still here!"

Tyler whispered to his friends, quiet enough for a human to not hear it, but thank god I was a vampire with super hearing.

"Caroline compell her."

Bonnie demanded uninterested in me while Elena walked away to make a phone call.

Caroline took me by the shoulders and stared deadly into my eyes.
"I'm sorry about this sweetie."
She was totally not sorry.

"You went to the grill and had a great night with Tyler and his friends, besides that you remember nothing."

"We had a lot of fun."

I repeated like a zombie, but I couldn't even take myself serious so I bursted out laughing leaving everyone speechless..