saints behind sinners

IN MY DREAMS YOU'RETOUCHING MY FACE ANDASKING ME IF I'D WANT TOTRY AGAIN WITH YOU AND IALMOST DO

IN MY DREAMS YOU'RE
TOUCHING MY FACE AND
ASKING ME IF I'D WANT TO
TRY AGAIN WITH YOU AND I
ALMOST DO.

WHY DO WE FALL?

WHY DO WE FALL?

One thing has been defined over the course of human existence: humans are not solitary creatures. They are not meant to be alone, even when they believe they are, they aren't. Human beings are known to be reclusive, not instinctively, at least. In an evolutionary sense, human beings grew into people with such a capacity for thinking that love was only imminent. A feeling that everyone felt for someone else, no matter the context. Evolution expanded the mind of human beings so they could see just how much they need another person in their life. Whether that be family, friends, or someone that owns their entire heart. Yet, perhaps that was one of evolutions biggest mistakes. Allowing people to give their heart, mind, body, maybe even their soul away to another person ridden with fallacies like them. Someone that could drop them and break them at any moment, if humans were to think about it, evolution would be the one to blame for that happening. Craving for that person to be next to them, desperately waiting by the phone for them to send a text or call to talk about their day. Human beings gave their heart away to people who were imperfect, as everyone on this planet was. People with flaws who couldn't help what they were doing. Evolution ensured that people would not only understand what love is, but also what it's like to lose that person. Because, every person, every human being is constantly evolving in their own way. Their thoughts, their feelings, it all changes. At some point, people outgrow their relationship. Especially if they're not growing together, people break past the confines their relationship had kept them in and suddenly they were seeing a whole world of colors they had never seen before. Yet, when it comes to the time that people tell them to leave, they can't.

Because a part of their heart, a part of their soul, will always be with the person they love. And that makes leaving even harder.

Harlow Verity Finley wasn't the one to worry about finding love, unlike many of the girls in her high school class were. She had hers from an early age, her best friend that had stolen her heart around the age of thirteen and never gave it back. Some small part of her knew that he would always have it, even if they never got together, even if they got together only to drift apart. What she didn't expect was holding onto the fringing rope that was their relationship. Grasping for something that was on it's final way out — a rope so close to snapping, so close to dropping her to the ground beneath with no safety net. But he was the only thing she knew, the only thing that felt constant in her life. A relationship she thought she was growing with. Only to wake up one day and realize neither one of them were the same as they had been years prior. Their love was there, she knew it was. Even if it was diluted through years of pain and words left unsaid, they still loved each other. So, why would she make herself all the trouble of leaving when this was comfortable? Bruce Wayne clearly thought they were fine — the ring that sat on her finger said as much. The very ring that was his mothers, a ring Harlow had always imagined would be hers one day. Harlow Finley found herself grasping at the tattered shreds of something that used to bring them both joy, hoping to sew it back together before they dissolved away into the air of Gotham.