The confession

It was a peaceful afternoon in Paris, the birds singing and the colors of spring showing. It was in the middle of April, which meant that the weather had warmed up. That's why Alya, Nino Marinette, and Adrien had decided to go get some ice cream at Andre's.

"Hello, the cute couple Alya and Nino! Here's your ice-cream!" Andre handed the ice-cream to them. "Thank you Andre!" They said in unison and moved forward so Marinette and Adrien could get their own.

"Oi! One ice-cream for two?"

Adrien shook his head. "One for each."

"Alright! Here you are!" He gives them the same typical ice-cream as everytime.

"Thank you, Andre. Have a good afternoon." Marinette said as they all walked off.

"You too, sweethearts!" He responded as he watched them leave.

The four friends walked in silence, the couple was holding hands and the two friends were behind, walking side to side. "So, shall we go sit over there?" Alya questioned as she pointed at the Seine.

"Sounds good." Adrien responded.

Nino whispered something into Alya's ear, which Marinette could guess what it was all about. Earlier today she had decided to be straight up honest with Adrien and confess her feelings to him. Yes, it is not something new. It usually ended up with something preventing her from confessing, but this time was different. They were not 14 anymore, she finally started talking to him like a normal human being, and that allowed them to become better friends. Marinette wasn't sure what reaction to expect from him, but she was feeling very confident today.

The two sat next to each other, but their friends continued to stroll forward.

"Where are you going?" Adrien asked, his one eyebrow lifted.

"We just want some privacy, you know. We will come back. " Nino winked. Oh yeah, privacy. Marinette snorted. They were doing this on purpose.

Adrien shrugged as he met her eyes. She playfully rolled her eyes in response and then faced forward. He followed her gaze, and was immediately mesmerized. The few small bands of clouds on the horizon turned a beautiful gold as the sun set.

"It's beautiful."

"Yeah."

They both sat in a position in which one hand was on the ground, while the other was holding the melting ice cream. Their hands were so close, almost touching. The girl was pondering how and when she should confess in her head. The setting was ideal. The weather, the sunset, and the Seine. What could possibly be more romantic? Just as when she was about to open her mouth, Adrien beat her to it. " Got any plans for the summer?"

"Uh... N-no. Not any plans in particular. But I get so inspired during summer, I'll have plenty of time to work on my designs! So I'm definitely not complaining."

"Oh, so I will have a friend staying in Paris then. Everyone else is going somewhere."

"Chloe too?"

"Yeah, she's going to New York."

"Well then. I guess we're keeping each other company."

"That'd be nice." They gazed at each other silently, smiling.

That was it. The perfect chance. Make a move, Marinette! Hesitating at first, the bluenette placed her hand on his, earning a small gasp from Adrien. She could tell she looked like a tomato right now. She bit her lip and looked away. She resisted and kept her hand there, on his, despite her brain telling her to remove it.