handprints.

"hey akaashi"

 bokuto asked gaining attention from akaashi. they were in their shared apartment, bokuto, chilling and relaxing while akaashi is busy typing on his laptop. both of them wants to relax on their day off but akaashi's boss messaged him and talked about their plan, his boss stated that akaashi must submit it asap. 

akaashi just heaved a sigh and immediately started to type on his laptop. back to the present, akaashi hates to leave bokuto whining and stuff because today is their anniversary and they were planning on spending the day together cuddling and watching movies. bokuto even had a plan on watching cloud atlas. but akaashi just continued typing even though he hates to listen bokuto whine. akaashi already had enough and decided to stay at a cafe for a while.

 he needs a place to focus and he can't do that here in their apartment. he promised to himself that he will just  make amends to bokuto later after he finishes his job. standing up, akaashi says "baby, i need to go somewhere" bokuto just kept whining, clearly showing that he is against to akaashi leaving. "i promise you, after i finish this, i will cuddle you to the point you regretted whining like that" akaashi said as he grabbed his coat and wore it then walked away.

 bokuto is now in the living room sighing, due to their jobs. weekends are the only days that they can spend time with each other, sometimes they can't even greet each other a 'good morning' because their schedule is so packed. and the fact that today is their anniversary has only worsen bokuto's mood. he decided to watch cloud atlas alone and spoil akaashi- that way he can get his revenge, bokuto thought. as he stood up, he went towards their room and opened his laptop to watch cloud atlas on netflix.

30 minutes had passed and bokuto is still watching the movie but he is getting bored and he wants to sleep. taking a glance at the clock beside the bed it read '11:49'. bokuto couldn't wait for akaashi any longer so he set aside his laptop and slept.

as akaashi opened the door, he expected to see bokuto waiting patiently in the living room, but this time, bokuto was nowhere in the living room, akaashi set aside the art materials he bought and slowly made his way towards their bedroom. he saw bokuto sleeping peacefully. akaashi felt bad for making bokuto feel that way, he lied down on the bed quietly as not to awake the sleeping boy beside him. bokuto's back was facing akaashi's front as akaashi wrapped his left arm on bokuto's waist and his other hand underneath his head. he hugged the boy and his eyes slowly folded as he fell asleep.

morning came, as usual, akaashi is the first one to wake up, to make the promised amends, akaashi thought it would be nice to surprise bokuto with food when he wakes up. he got up and went to their kitchen and grabbed the chilling meat in the fridge to defrost it. while the meat is still hard and cold, akaashi went to shower to take a bath.

 akaashi likes to spend forever in the shower, he likes the sensation every time a hot water hits his skin but he refuses to do that today, scared that bokuto will wake up before he finishes preparing. as akaashi finished showering, he changed into his sweats and went back to kitchen to marinate the meat. he was planning to surprise him with barbeque which is bokuto's favorite food. as he set ups the grill and got the charcoals ready, he starts grilling. 

 after preparing, akaashi heard some loud stomping of feet, it was bokuto's. right on time akaashi thought, akaashi waits bokuto on the table and when bokuto arrived, they started eating. bokuto is still quiet as they eat, bokuto is not in his usual loud self. and he's not in his emo mood either, just pure sulking. 

"hey i know you're still mad about yesterday",akaashi said.

silence responds, "i will make it up to you" akaashi said again, he's not used to this side of bokuto, akaashi heaved a sigh, he didn't know how to cheer his lover, he felt lonely. after eating, bokuto sat up and was about to head towards their living room but akaashi stands up immediately and hugged bokuto's back. akaashi pushed his head onto the latters head deeply,

 "i'm sorry about yesterday, hon" he said, bokuto snakes his palm on akaashi's arms, 

"i'm sorry too, i should've waited patiently but i ended up sulking" bokuto said, they were just standing, akaashi still hugging his back. they stayed like that for awhile until bokuto , "can we go on a date?' said happily, akaashi smiled, we're okay now akashi said to his mind. "sure" akaashi responded smiling.

they went on a date, eating, chilling in the park, eating ice creams, viewing the sunset, watching the fireworks at night and they went home, satisfied and happy. they both loved each other. they arrived at their apartment when akaashi remembered something, he grabbed the art supplies he bought yesterday and placed it on the coffee table in their living room. bokuto was in their bedroom so akaashi called for him. 

as they sat on the sofa, "i wanted to do this with you for so long" akaashi said smiling, his eyes watery. 

bokuto thought that he did something wrong "what's wrong?" he asked.

 akaashi just smiled and showed bokuto the canvas board, brushes and paints. there are two colors; one, like a yellow type of gold color-it is akaashi's favorite color because it reminded him of bokuto's eyes. and two; bright yellow color. akaashi brushed paints across bokuto's palms resulting for it become bright yellow and he stamped it to the canvas board, bokuto is quiet the whole time, so is akaashi. 

akaashi was about to do the same but bokuto grabbed his arms gently and said "let me". bokuto's grabbed the clean paintbrush and brushed akaashi's palm, in the yellow type of gold color and he guided it to the canvas board, akaashi's palms are longer and thinner compared to bokuto's and it shows. they stamped their palms on the same spot. colors almost mixing. they wrote their anniversarry date below their handprints and wrote '1st anniversarry'. akaashi was on the verge of crying but bokuto spreads the remaining paint onto akaashi's face, they ended up fighting and the living room was a paint smeared mess.

"i'm not lowering my standards again, i just finished reading the story behind those two guys who loved each other" alchemi said to amala.

 "kyaaa you mean those handprints guys?" amala asked, it is evident in her voice that she was excited.

 "yeah", alchemi paused "do you want to go with me to the museum? i wanted to visit there again" alchemi asked amala and amala just responds in a slight nod.

they stood in front of the museum and they can't help but feel butterflies roaming around their stomachs, they are standing in front of the 64 canvas board with the same handprints. the canvas board at the top read '1st anniversary' and at the very last canvas board read '64th anniversary'. the 5 last canvas boards was a handprint of only one person, a docent comes up to them and asked

 "do you know why the last 5 paintings only showed one handprint?" alchemi and amala shook their head, they didn't know the answer too. "it is said that two men loved each other, they celebrated their anniversary like this. they put their handprints on top of each other to show how much they loved each other and their bond," he pointed at the very first canvas board, "this is their first anniversary" and then he pointed to the sixty-fourth canvas board "and this his last, the other guy died but his partner still celebrated their anniversary as if he was still there. the first guy died at the age of 81" he pointed at the fifty-seventh canvas board "this is the last time they did their annual celebrations together" and the docent man pointed at the last canvas board "and the other guy died at the age of 87, he was found dead in his house and people wanted to preserve this so they kept it, and now millions of people are doing it to show how much they loved each other" the docent man said.

"do you want to do that handprint thingy?" amala asked her girlfirend.

 "pfft fuck yeah" alchemi replied as she leaned closer to kiss amala's lips.