CHAPTER 31

Kuroo rounded the corner just as Tsuki was also arriving. Both boys stared at each other awkwardly and then looked at the two confused boys who at also noticed them.

"I can't deal with this" Yamaguchi whispered to Kenma just before he turned and ran closely followed by Tsuki. "Yams, please wait" the blonde shouted, to no avail. He stopped as he saw his friend disappear into the distance. "Fuck" he shouted looking defeated.

"What do you want?" Kenma asked, his voice barely above a whisper. "I need to explain everything that happened. Please just hear me out." "You have 5 minutes, then I'm gone" the blonde replied.

"I was jealous" Kuroo began. "Of what" his friend replied looking extremely confused. "You liking Hinata" the boy replied. Kenma looked at him and replied, "so I'm not allowed to have other friends?" "Of course you are Kenma, but Hinata isn't just a friend, is he?" "What the hell are you talking about Kuroo?" he screeched. "Your in love with him, aren't you?" the Captain replied sadly.

Kenma looked furious, a look that Kuroo hadn't seen on his friend ever before. "Don't you dare blame this on me. I'm not the one that was sucking face with someone else. That was you."

Kuroo could see the hurt in the younger boys eyes and he decided that now was the time to explain exactly how he felt. He gently grasped the boys hands and looked into his eyes.

"Kenma I've loved you for as long as I can remember, first as a friend then team mate and now as my world" Kenma blushed profusely but let the boy continue. "I know I can be loud, over bearing and jealous but I envy the relationship that you have with Hinata." "He's my friend and that's all",the smaller boy replied.

The Nekoma setter could see the hurt in Kuroo's eyes but was still angry that he had given his first kiss to someone who he said he didn't have any meaningful feelings for. "Why did you kiss him?" Kenma asked. "We were drunk and I don't even remember it" the dark haired boy explained. "That's even worse" Kenma cried whilst trying to push the boy off him. "I always thought that we would be each others firsts but you went and gave it drunkenly away to someone and you don't even remember. I hate you."

Kuroo held on tighter to the boy so that he couldn't escape before he got everything out that he needed to say. "Please Kenma just listen to me, please"

The blonde eventually stopped struggling, Kuroo thought that he looked totally dejected. "Why is it that you ignore me when I hang out with you but you don't play your games as much when Hinata is with you" he asked.

Kenma blushed whilst he looked at the floor, "you make me nervous" the boy replied. "I feel that if I can't keep my thoughts off you then you'll get scared and leave me. I don't have to worry about that with Shoyo because I don't have those kind of feelings for him, he's just a friend.

Kuroo gasped loudly, "Kenma do you like me? Romantically" he asked. "Yes Kuroo I do but I don't know if I can take it any further until I get over the fact that you kissed someone first". Kenma had thought that this would break his friend but he was smiling brightly. "What the fuck Kuroo" the blonde yelled.

"He wasn't my first kiss Kenma, you were." "I don't understand" the boy replied. "Do you not remember my last year in Junior high? You were upset because we wouldn't be together for a whole year so I promised that I would wait for you." "Sort of" the younger boy replied and then a sudden look of realisation crossed his face. "Kuroo, we kissed, didn't we?"

Kuroo didn't answer but opened up his phone and he looked for the image that he needed. He turned the phone to Kenma and showed the boy a photograph of two young junior high boys kissing each other chasteley whilst holding hands.

The blonde gasped, "I remember". Kuroo smiled at his friend and asked, "Kenma, will you be mine? I want us to share all of our firsts and hopefully lasts together." Kenma smiled at the boy and replied, "Yes, I would love to"