Chapter 3.

Max walked into the kitchen as his mom had called him for dinner. He sat down at the table, as Phoebe saw opposite him, Cole sitting next to her, as Hank on the end of the table, and Barb next to Max, with Billy on the other side of the head table, then Nora sat other side of Max.

"Alright, dig in!" Hank boomed, as they all took a slice of pizza, as Max waited a moment, before also taking a bit, till his phone rang on the table. He looked at the call ID, then looked at his mom who was looking at him.

"Go, answer it." Barb said, as Max stood up, grabbing his 0hone and answered the call, in the living room, where he could still see his family.

"Hello?" Max said shaking.

"Max." Max shuddered at that cold, cruel voice.

"Uhm, b-babe?" Max stuttered.

"Yes Darling~ I just have to say something to you tommorow, for ignoring my texts and calls all day!?" Max shivered at his 'girlfriends' cruel voice, and the thoughts ran through his head about what she could do to him on Monday.

"Y-yes babe... I gotta get back to my family. I'll see ya tommorow..." Max whispered into the phone before hanging up, knowing he would get a beating for that later, but he walked to the table after taking a couple deep breaths and calming down, then put his phone face down onto the tabe and sat down.

"Who was that sweety?" Max looked over to his mom.

"Uhm... just Veronica." Max answered, as everybody on that table knew who she was.

"Oh! What did she want? She's a nice girl." Barb said, as Max shrugged.

"That's one name for her..." Max just about heard Phoebe whisper, causing him to smile slightly up at her and chuckle a bit. Phoebe looking at him and smiling, as she then took a bit of her food.

"Yeah, s-she just wanted to know if I was in school tommorow and she had something to talk to me about\?" Max wasn't lieing fully, I mean she did wanna talk to him but not in those words.

"Hey Max, are you and Veronica dating?" Asked Phoebe, as Max looked up at her after taking a sip of his water and putting it down, he nodded.

"Yeah. Kinda of?" Max muttered the last bit, as Phoebe nodded then went back to talking with Cole, who was drinking some water.

Max pushed his plate away from him a bit and grabbed his glass of water and had another sip, as he looked down at his lap. as his mother looked at him with a bit of consern.

"Hey Sweety, you not going to eat no more?" Barb asked, noticing how Max had only had around 3 bits.

"Uhm, no. I'm full!" Max said, as he stood up and put his plate in the sink, and walked back over to the table, "Uhh, mom? Coule I go down to my room, I'm exhausted."

"Yeah, sure Sweety! Just go get some rest, I'll see ya in the morning." Barb said, as she kissed him on the forehead then wlaked into the kitchen, Hank following, as Billy and Nora ran outside, as Max walked into the living room.

Cole noticed, Max had left his phone on the table and grabbed it, walking into the living room, as Phoebe stood in the kitchen looking at them.

"Hey, Max!" Cole called out, as Max turned around, Cole holding out the phone, as Max quickly touched his pocket, noticing his phone was gone and then grabbed it out of Cole's hand.

"Uhm, thanks Cole." Max said, as he put his phone into his pocket.

"Yeah, no problem, but tommorow I was thinking. You maybe wanna hang out? I mean, we have all classes together, and Phoebe and nobody is in the same classes, meaning diffrent route." Cole explained, as Max raised an eyebrow.