Stillness of Summer

.
.
.

She nears the ledge of the platform like a cornered mouse. Trembling as her anxiety eats her whole, she jumps to the railway crossing, with a loud scream, shattering the stillness of summer.

You and Ganyu have been together for a long time, you having noticed Ganyu in your old school, with her long and flowy light blue hair and glimmering eyes. Ever since the two of you met, you were inseparable.

And you, you loved Ganyu. You wanted Ganyu all for yourself. You didn't anyone else to look at you the way you did to her. But you wished you loved her more.

You reminisced your moments with her. Faint sounds of buzzing cicadas were heard as you and Ganyu walked side by side cheerfully, the breeze blowing her hair as she grins happily. Matching keychains swayed as you two conversed about random topics. You can't help but think about the girl with pale white skin the warmness of summer got rid of, oh how badly you wanted her to possess you, it brought you tears.

The cheery classroom suddenly turned quiet as the blue haired girl walks to her desk, spotting a flower vase, placed nicely on her desk. And it was you who started it.

You only wanted her to love you, to only trust you, to only look at you, yet your selfishness led to her demise, her end, it was you who trapped her in a corner, letting her leave this cruel world through the easy way out.

As you ran to the railway crossing where you and the girl used to always hang out, all you could here was her voice. You knew she was no longer there but you could make out a few mutters you heard the wind speak to you. "yes you are my friend..." Your true nature starting to break loose as your brain only thought of the ways your better half passed. Faint buzzing of cicadas, the warm breeze reaching her ears, and the sound of the train hitting her body, as she jumps. You couldn't hold the tears anymore.

You made it to the spot where the two of you always met eachother. Hands intertwined as you two chat about interests, you telling her how much you love her. More tears flow out as you hallucinate Ganyu being infront of you. As exhaustion takes over, you slowly approach her. She looked just as beautiful as you last saw her. The only difference being that, her cheery smile was no longer plastered to her face, the skirt she matched with you, now uneven and messed up, the matching keychain you two had was now ripped off, and she was transparent.

As she raise up her arm, she points at you.

The realization struck you. That all of it, started with you.

And this realization made you walk near the train tracks subconsciously. Warm breeze blowing on your ears, cicadas buzzing, your imagination making up sounds of whispering and giggling, and sound of water splashing on each other was one of the many things that occupied your mind at this moment. The Sun's warmth hits your face and warms you up, as you hear the train come closer,

and you jumped off.

Even with everything that happened, you two were still able to love eachother.

.
.
.

word count: 558