one

"Hurricane Agatha continues it's steady march to Kildare Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina"

***

LIA

I groan as I wake up, my whole body feels sore. Why the hell am I awake this early, and why am I on the floor? I sit up slowly.

"Up bright and early Lia?" A sunkissed boy was standing above me smirking. John B. "You know me, I like an early start," I pause to stand up, "doing my paper round and such."

"Not today, you're not, look outside." He breaths out. I look at the open door that leads to the outside of the Chateau. I step out taking everything in.

Jesus fucking Christ, I lean against a pillar on the porch. "Agatha do all this?" I ask him. "You think I can knock a tree on my own?" JB questions.

"With the right amount of alcohol in your system and enough of JJ and Pope doubting it then yes I do." He takes a minute in thought then nods, agreeing with me.

"Lia you speaking about me?" JJ chuckles, also coming out from the Chateau. "Anything bad?" He looks between me and John B. "Always." I smile before lazily strolling back into my 2nd home, I spend most of my time here with my best friends.

"Where the fuck is my phone?" I throw the blankets away and move the pillows on the sofa bed that I think I slept in last night and I still can't find it.

"Your phones in your back pocket." JJ pats my head whilst passing me to get to the kitchen.

Oh.
I knew that.

I pull it out, and turn it on.

"No service, for real?" I put it straight back in my pocket, then I return to the damage outside.

John B and me go way back, our parents were friends when we were kids so naturally we became friends too. John B introduced me to JJ and Pope, and I introduced them to Kiara. That's how our crew came to be, I guess.

"Yanno what I'm thinking?" JB throws some parts of tree out of the HMS Pogue.

"Enlighten me?" I ask.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab out."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ joins the conversation again, with a can of beer this time.

"Nah, they're not gettin' on a ferry." JB replies, "Come on, think about it, it's God telling us to fish." He looks in between me and the blonde. "Anything for my lord and saviour," I grin. "What she said."

***

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink, he doesn't have insurance." The blonde standing next to me says.

"Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" I call out to her. "Still here!"

"She totally looked at me." John B whispers. "I saw it" JJ chuckles.

"Look at this place." I sit forward, looking around at all the wreckage. Piles of peoples belongings, general trash and other things float in groups in the water.