it's all atsumu's fault.

it's disgusting how sluggish the realization dawned on sakusa. his brain has always been wired differently, and honestly, it's one of the reasons why excelled in a sport that involves stratagem while making sure that your body keeps up with the speed of your thinking. however, as much as he doesn't want to admit defeat that he too has a weak point, he's surprisingly obtuse about certain complexities that are brought along by emotions and feelings. 

maybe he was just not used to realizing how time suspends, his heart even skipping a beat over someone. it's something so scientifically unexplainable that doesn't involve him fainting or being rushed to the hospital; and yet, he knew how to explain how he felt as his eyes followed a particular orange-head leap high, an arm extended above the net, successfully spiking a ball to the other side of the court. it's just that, he doesn't really know how to respond to it.

the sound of its impact resounded throughout the whole gym, and the hollers loudly followed. blinking as his trance dissipated to thin air, sakusa turned around and stalked off to the benches, heart beating rather too fast even when he didn't particularly move too much as the set ended. maybe he needs to wash his face. he really wasn't sure what to do about it. but one thing's for sure, he needs to get his shit together.

frantically searching for his mask from the rather small pouch he carries with him during practice, he was about to turn and head towards the shower room before anyone else. as much as sakusa's mind is misty from the thoughts that he's trying to figure out at the moment, his constant need to put cleanliness and orderliness came first. however, two steps into walking away, he hears his name being called out. and he hates how his body reacted to it right away as if it's a reflex embedded in his brain's database.

"omi-san!"

sweat made his skin glint under the lights of the gymnasium, and his megawatt smile paired with the bright color of his hair effectively lit up the space. it was enough to put sakusa back into the trance he was trapped in just a few minutes ago; though this time, he was able to react, his mind in double time to process what the other male was saying while taking in every single detail that unfolded in front of his eyes.

"i know it's your turn to cook dinner tonight, but i'd rather do it for you tonight if you're feeling beat." the younger male that has eyes searching his own to gauge if he was feeling too tired.

that's one thing he knew like the back of his hand about hinata. hinata uses his eyes well; all too well for sakusa's liking sometimes. whenever he looks into hinata's eyes it feels like all of his walls are falling apart, and completely obliterated - leaving himself and his mind bare for hinata's eyes to pierce through. still, it made him completely helpless because hinata has found the perfect understanding of sakusa's eyes before he even figured out what the other male was doing. in simple terms, sakusa's whole being is in the palm of hinata's hand. and he wasn't sure if he liked it or not.

"i'm not too tired, though." he finally responded, shrugging as he tried his best not to sound too awkward. he willed himself to turn his back to him but, "no, i'll do the cooking tonight. so hurry up and shower before everyone bathes with you. we know you'd rather die than do that." hinata stalks off, waving an enthusiastic hand to him.

it may sound really uncanny why sakusa is acting like this towards his own roommate. yes, sakusa and hinata have been roommates ever since hinata joined the Black Jackals. maybe it's because the most recent addition to the team before hinata was him, and he had no one to share his apartment with unlike the rest of the other members. one would think that during the time he's shared a place with the boy, he'll get used to his presence and won't end up having these uneasy feelings towards someone he share most of his days with. however, that's exactly why it's a lot more conflicting to sakusa what he had realized a few days ago.