𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄

──────────⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰──────────

─────────⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰──────────

I'll start this off by saying that I'm beyond grateful that you decided to give this book a chance, it really means the world to me. Thank you. I originally published this story a little over a year ago but I wasn't at all satisfied with it (both with the plot and my writing) so I'm now giving myself the chance to rewrite it from scratch and change what I deem fit.

Before I start listing the trigger warnings, I want to thank the people who were patient with me and never left my side throughout this journey. AyeshaIkram641 ThisIsKanitha auroraborealisg_

nancysbookss: we’ve both been through so much and so has our friendship. But just know that it holds vital importance to me, albeit I probably fail to show it most of the time. Even if I were to rack my brain, no thing I hate about you would come to mind other than the fact that you tend to be blind to your potential— and the beauty you and the things you create behold. You are beautiful, inside and out, so don’t let any insecurities make you think otherwise. I’m so lucky to have you by my side, in my life and I’ll cherish our friendship for as long as you let me. You make me feel wanted and appreciated. You make me feel like I'm enough, even if I often believe you deserve more from a friendship. Thank you for everything. I love you.

And last but not least a special thank you goes to:

LibertySense: I will try not to let this turn into a rant of pure appreciation and love- because there will be no pause button if I do. You hold a place in my heart that I never thought could be reached merely through the screen of my phone, but trust me when I say that I feel like you've touched the very depths of my soul- and have actually written on every surface you could. You've engraved words of such delicacy and encouragement that are now impossible for me to forget, erase; and I don't think I'll ever want to. You've been here from the very beginning, over a year ago; and since then, you've never failed to make me feel like this story is worthy of being out there. Even if my first attempt at this idea's execution was sewn by the thread of inexperience, you still saw the good parts in it. You spoke to me of my potential as a writer and I chose to believe you; because I thought that if you cared about me nearly as much as I did and still do about you, you wouldn't lie to me. So this book is dedicated to you. As I once said, I might be the one writing the story but you're the reason why I feel it's worth being written.

You all are beyond special and talented (literally check out their books if you haven't already and ThisIsKanitha's recently published debut novel 'Falling Off The Cliff') but above my admiration for you lies my love. You're the reason why this account is my safe space and I'll forever be grateful for that. You deserve the world.

This is a Draco Malfoy fanfic. Even though I'd occasionally go through the kind of phase that led me to write short stories that no one but my mother got to read, Draco's character inspired me enough to make me want to try to start and finish a bigger project. Over the years I've read more fanfics than I can count but the desire to write one of my own never really faded away. And so, here we are.

This book doesn't follow the original Harry Potter plotline. All credit for creating the amazing Harry Potter universe and its characters rightfully goes to J.K Rowling.

The story is played out in the characters' sixth year but they are 18 instead of 16 because I feel uncomfortable with the mention of certain topics when they're underage.

Please note that Draco's character is portrayed differently from what you might expect. He appears quite softer and way more affectionate, but I blame it on the fact that since the main character happens to be his best friend, he has a soft spot for her. This is a best friends to lovers book but if you're not into that trope, you're free to click out.

──────────⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰──────────

T.W.

I'll try to keep the list of Trigger Warnings as short as possible. If by any chance, you find yourself uncomfortable with the mention of the following topics then I suggest that you stop here. Reading is supposed to be fun so don't feel obliged to continue.

This book contains: foul language, alcohol consumption, descriptive mentions of violent actions and physical abuse, self-harm scenes, ED, consensual sexual scenes, pregnancy (at the end of the book), murder, gore, and character death.

The story is rated mature! I do place content warnings on every chapter containing such themes in case you want to skip, but take this as your first warning.

Please don't compare this book to others you've read and if you want me to fix something about it I'd appreciate it if you messaged me privately. I find hate comments and rudeness very discouraging and unnecessary.

If you ever find yourself struggling with literally anything and want to talk, feel free to DM me, I'm always here for everyone. My account is a safe space and I'll keep trying to help you feel included and protected in this community.

You are beautiful, strong and I admire you so much <3