Chapter 1

Scarlet walked down the hallway of a large college campus, bumping shoulders with everyone who passed her by. She was in no rush to get to class. She stepped into an ELA classroom reluctantly, pulling out a laptop from her bag. Someone took the chair next to her, but without pleasure. It was one of the last seats left. He turned his attention to Scarlet, looking her up and down judging her every move.

"What do you want?" She demanded, with a piercing glare. The boy rolled his eyes as the bell rang, turning back to his computer.

The teacher called out in an obnoxious voice, spewing questions about The Great Gatsby and such old books. The boy next to Scarlet raised his hand. "Yes? Levi?" The teacher called on him. 'Levi? His name is Levi..' She thought to herself. Whatever Levi had said must've went in one ear and out the other, along with everything else the teacher said for the next ten minutes, because before she knew it the teacher was giving out a homework assignment.

"I want you all to write a book report on this piece of literature, and it must be completed by Friday."
He announced. Scarlet stepped up and out of her seat so she could leave, bumping into Levi. Levi groaned.

"Ugh.. what's your deal?" She yelled.

"Excuse you?"

"You're pretty snobby." They trailed out of class together, walking to the next class.

"Listen, sweetheart." he began sarcastically. "I'd prefer if you left me alone. I work better that way. Thanks."

Scarlet stopped in her tracks, scoffing. "Seriously? You're not all that." She rolled her eyes and continued past him. Levi watched her walk away, not quite knowing how he felt.

The bell rang and scarlet realized she's running late. She dashed through the hallways to science, jumping into her seat just before she could be deemed late. She still had an annoyed look on her face.

"What's with you?" Emma, her best friend asked. Layamon nodded, a few seats away, who could still see how disgruntled Scarlet looked.

Scarlet sighed. "Just some jerk."

"Alright class, today we'll be...." Scarlet and Emma weren't listening, so they didn't really hear what the teacher said.

"That's all? If it was just a jerk, you'd be in the office for attacking them. Be honest." Emma laughed.

Scarlet rolled her eyes. "Very funny,"
Emma turned back to look at the teacher, seeing if she could catch what she'd be doing.

Scarlet couldn't help but imagine Levi. She obviously found him annoying. How else could she feel?