the first time he sees your tattoo (requested)

The feeling of you unwrapping his arm from around you before gently placing it back down on the bed as you stood up caused a groan to escape from your boyfriend's lips.

He heard your feet padding across the floor over to the bathroom and the light shined in his eyes for a split second before the door closed.

He opened his eyes and saw that it was a little before ten am.

He felt so well-rested, even as a yawn left his lips.

He's got the day off and he had yesterday off as well, which allows him some time to catch up on sleep and time with you, too.

The sun hadn't woken him as it usually does because it was behind the clouds. The sky was grey but that wasn't bothering him.

As he listened to you hum quietly in the bathroom as the water to the sink turned on, he felt his heart beat a little faster and felt the happiness flood over him.

Getting out of bed, his bare feet touched the floor as he made his way to the bathroom and opened the door.

He thought you might be brushing your teeth and that was the reason for the water running.

But, to his surprise, when he opened the door he saw you standing in front of the mirror with his shirt that you were wearing lifted up a little.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he walked up behind you, looking down where your hand was.

That's when he saw something he hadn't ever seen until now.

"Is that a tattoo?"

He saw the ink there near your ribs, looking at it in the mirror to try and get a better glimpse of the tattoo.

You let the hem of the shirt go and it covered up the ink, much to his dismay.

"No, no, no." He quickly said before raising his shirt on your body back up as you washed your hands once again. "That is a tattoo. When did you get this?"

It wasn't a huge tattoo but it wasn't small. It's something he would've noticed before, so he knew it had to be something you decided to get recently.

He held the fabric of the shirt for you as you rinsed the tattoo and then patted it dry with a paper towel.

"The day before yesterday."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, his brown eyes wide as he looked at you in the reflection.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. This is my first tattoo and I'm so proud of the one I chose and I wanted to surprise you once it was fully healed."

"Well, I ruined that. What's done is done. Tell me about it. What is it?"

You finished moisturizing the tattoo before pulling the shirt up a bit more, allowing for him to see the words that would be there on your body forever.

"Love yourself." He read aloud, his eyes lighting up as he did so.

"I thought you might like it." You said as he smiled brightly at you, those sweet dimples that you adore appearing, and melting your heart. "It's an important reminder to myself. I think we all need that sometimes."

He pushed the sleeve down before kissing your shoulder a few times, almost making your heart burst from your chest.

"I think that's a wonderful message. I love that you chose it as your first tattoo. It's beautiful, just like you."

You smiled as he kissed your cheek.

Closing your eyes, you breathed out a contented sigh and melted into his embrace as he wrapped his arms around you.

"I think I'm going to get more."

"Yeah?" He asked and stared at you adoringly. "If that's what you want, my love, then you go for it."

It made you so happy to hear how encouraging he was, how he only ever wants you to follow your heart.

"Any ideas of what it might be?"

You shook your head.

"None yet. It'll be a few weeks, at least. You can help me think of something cool to get next."

"I'd love to." He grinned, his eyes locking with yours in the mirror as you opened yours. "I love you and your beautiful tattoo so very much."

"Thank you." You said, heart fluttering as he began to play with your hair. "I love you more."

"Not possible." He said and kissed your shoulder once more.