ONE

BIRTH ─ ONE

© writergirlfriend

BIRTH ─ ONE誕生© writergirlfriend

They say, being pregnant is the wonderful thing that a woman would experience. But for her? It isn't.

When she got pregnant, her world had revolved to the baby who's not even born yet. She has to be a healthy doll for her baby. She could not even do the things she wanted! So how do they found this wonderful?

"Duchess, Duke. Are you ready for the gender reveal?" The physician asked them. The duchess glanced over the duke, seeing him smiling slightly. "Yes, please reveal it."

The duchess, blinked, and gulped her own saliva due to nervousness. She wished it was a boy. Since in this era, boys were superior than girls.

But her wish got destroyed once the physician revealed the gender. "Congratulations! It's a wonderful girl."

What? Girl? Why is it a girl? She hoped, and wished to the gods that they would give her a boy. A powerful boy, who will soon take over the family business. Yet, they gave me a girl.

The room fell in a silence. The physician only gulped seeing the couple being quiet. Are they not happy that the gender is girl? He thought.

"Thank you, Sir Leonard." The duke thanked him suddenly, and stood up. Leaving the room not even waiting for his wife. The physician glanced at the duchess, seeing her eyes knitted.

"Tch.. stupid gods." She muttered, and also stood up. Following her husband, and leaving the male physician alone in his clinic.

He sighed in relief. Yet, he was also confused. The duke and duchess were viewed as a loving couple in the kingdom, yet what he witnessed is like the opposite of it.

But, he can't also blame them for their reaction. Giving birth to a girl is like finding a copper in the mines. Girls are useless in this era, the people view them as nothing but a breeding machine.

A doll for the husband to use, and control.

"Thank god, i'm single."