two

It was a few hours later and they arrived at their second home. Hogwarts, the massive castle shone under the moonlight bouncing off of the black lake. this was home. "we here guys come on get up!" Nia shouted getting the attention of the 4 boys in the room.

they walked in the great hall, smirks spread across all 5 of their faces, they were up to mischief and that was never good. The 5 had to split up before walking to their tables, one going to Hufflepuff the rest going to the house full of red.

it took exactly 15 minutes 35 seconds for dumbledore to finally let the feast begin and Nia didn't waste anytime in immediately digging in. you see Nia's parents were very particular on appearances and with the pure blood ball being not a month ago they were strict on her eating making sure she looked perfect.

after the feast all five of the marauders made their way back to the common room. "hey Patch?" sirius questions "yes pads" she replies whilst being lay across both james and remus's laps with the latter carefully running his fingers through her hair "do you want to sleep in the girls room or do you want to have a sleepover again like we usually do?" "obviously the sleepover i mean i love lily and marls but i snuck out and saw them all last week i need to catch up with you guys" she slowly replied whilst being lead into a sleep like trance by not only remus's hair rubbing but james had found a faint bruise on Nia's leg and was rubbing something onto it presumably something from the first aid store Moony had made in his room.

This was what Nia missed the most, not the pranks (which were a close second) but just relaxing in the common room or the boys dorm, with either ABBA or Queen playing in the background and just being with her boys. Usually either Nia or Peter would fall asleep on one of the others and they would carry them to bed, which is what happened tonight.

"hey we have slughorn first thing tomorrow and i don't think he would appreciate if we are late on the first day" James suggested however this plan was stunted when Remus said "we could do that however patch has fallen asleep" All the boys then looked over to see Nia asleep with her head in the crook of remus's arm. "There would have been a ball a week or so ago so i'm not surprised, she looked exhausted on the train" sirius stated relived that she's sleeping as usually nightmares keep the girl awake. "shall we carry her up" peter suggested and with that remus and james both carried the sleeping girl up to there dorm and lay her on James bed.

"i wish we could do more to help her over the holidays" james said whilst sliding his hand down his face " there isn't really anything we can do especially with me making things harder, after running away Reg told me that all pure blood families are basically putting them under lockdown, no letters unless they have been approved same with the floo network" "sirius mate you can't blame yourself, all we can do is try and be there for her when she is back here" Peter says with unusual confidence "yeah but i mean james you saw the size of that bruise on her leg how much force is needed to cause that?" sirius counteracts "mate don't get yourself all worked up, we will talk to her about it tomorrow okay, now i'm gonna go to sleep night boys" james finishes whilst he slips in behind Nia trying not to wake the girl up

After a while everyone was asleep and the Marauders were together again, and for the first time in weeks Nia slept through the whole night in the presence of her brothers all her worries seem to have been chased away. she was safe

A/N
Hi guys!
sorry this took so long but i had no motivation for ages but i'm trying to get back into it 😅

i hope you enjoy this and please don't be a silent reader!
hope you are safe and well

-Alice <3