𝟢.𝟨 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒰𝒩𝐹𝒪𝑅𝒯𝒰𝒩𝒜𝒯𝐸𝒮

"I care so much I'm sick

"I care so much I'm sick."

- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

TW: Mentions of illegal practices, violence and mature languages. Read at your own discretion

You woke up with a pounding headache, your tongue felt dried out and the limbs of your body felt a ton heavier than it normally had

A cough forced its way out of your lungs before you could suppress it, the jolt making your body awoke abruptly.

You sniffled after trying to cover your cough with your hand, your eyes drew to a syringe injected on your wrist, taped from where it was injected in the skin. And in a panic you tried to take it out from your skin but someone sat beside the bed hand clutching at yours.

The familiar lavender eyes looked down at you in slight concern, and you swallowed in shock, 'You were back at his mansion again.

"Leave it, leave it.." His voice whispered to you, it was different from the first night he had talked to you. It was calming and delicate, as if he had whispered louder you'd break in front of him.

"It's a medicine to draw out the drugs from your system." He explained, standing up slightly to flick at the tube of the UV bag where a plastic tube was connected. He settles down again beside you, eyes lingered to your face.

He noticed that you had drawn out the color from your skin, unlike where he had found you last time- you were as pale as a ghost.

His finger pinched at your chin, inspecting the cuts from your face. His eyes lingered longer on the cut from your lip where Adam had his ring caught when he had slapped you and you didn't fail to notice the darkening of his eyes from it.

His thumb grazing the wound on the bottom of your lips and you can't help but flush at the unknowing distance you both had closed in. "I'm fine now." You mumbled to him.

He cleared his throat, looking away from your trance. "You should eat, the doctors will check up on you again after a few days."

You settled down on the soft mattress, sighing as the feeling of comfort engulfed you once more.