FOUR

DUMB ─ FOUR
バカ
© writergirlfriend

DUMB ─ FOURバカ© writergirlfriend

"Lady, wake up! The duke is requesting for you appearance!" Your personal maid shook you violently. Waking up, and asking her what's wrong, yet she only answered that she has no time to explain.

Practically bathing you fast, and dragging you to your walk-in closet. Picking a pink dress, and a pink bow and dressing you up.

After that, she dragged you out of your room, while you were just not processing anything. Blinking several times, before realizing that you both are in the living room.

The duke sitting at the couch, while sipping some wine. While the duchess is busy drinking her tea. The air is so silent. They aren't talking, only minding their own business.

"Duke, duchess.. lady [name] is here." Lianna announced. Those cold stares of your parents had made you shivered. They are looking at you like you are some boring painting. "Thank you, lianna. You may leave."

Lianna bowed her head, and secretly glanced at you. "Just be calm, lady." She whispered, and left. Leaving you to your parents.

"So how old is she again?" The duke asked his wife. Who only shrugged, "Hey [name], how old are you?" His voice is so cold and deep. "S-seven, father."

"Seven? I thought she's five." The duchess said aloud. "Anyway, does she know basic education?"

"[Name], have you learned your abc's yet?"

"I only know a to m.. it get's hard to remember the others─"

"Fuck, she's dumb. Is it that hard to learn abc's?" Your mother rubbed her temples, and glared at you. You could only do is lower your head, scared to see that glare of hers.

What does dumb mean.. You asked yourself.
Is it a compliment? Did mother compliment me? Then why did she glare at you?

"Should we get her a tutor?" Your father asked, still busy sipping his wine. "Of course, we can't let her ruin our name by her stupidness."

The duke nodded, and looked at you. Seeing you only looking at the floor, "Tomorrow morning, a man name Hendrick will come, and teach you some education."

"O-okay, father─"

"You can leave now." She practically shoo'ed you away, and you obeyed. Quickly leaving the room, and seeing lianna waiting for you. Her face brighted seeing you, "How is it, lady? Did they scold you?"

"N-no.. but mother called me dumb! Is that a compliment, lianna?" You asked her, she felt pity by your innocence. "You'll find out soon."

If she says the true meaning of it, it will probably hurt your feelings. "Now tell me what did they told you?" Carrying you, and you happily told her the whole story.