☁ Prologue ☁

✧✧✧✧✧

DREAMING might be the word that would best explain how young Dei feels at the current moment. This was the first time that her parents brought her to a different city, a big one at that. She used to see this scenery through her TV screen, and it never fails to amaze her little mind. They don't have this many buildings back in their hometown, their city is rich in farmlands, so this is a new feeling to her.

She watched the tallest building from the distance reflect the sunlight as their car moved past it. She was really curious how they built it that tall when the big men she's seen can't even reach their ceiling with their heads. Which made her turn to her Dad who's driving, "Dada, how did they build that building over there?" she mumbled.

Mr. Evans took a glance at the building she was referring to, while she waited patiently for her Dad to answer "Just like how you build your blocks, hunny. You go from the bottom to the top, right?"

She thought about it, which still didn't make sense. Is there a man bigger than the building that is able to place the pieces together like how she builds her blocks? She wasn't able to get the answer she was looking for when her attention was diverted to the tall metal gates in front of their car, there were many men holding guns by the gate.

Dei cannot read yet, so she wasn't able to read the signs in front. She just stayed silent as her Dad tapped something outside the car, and the gates moved to the sides, giving her access to see what is hidden behind the tall walls and gates. It was even bigger on the inside, and there was another gate that they passed through before a huge white building was seen.

She thought the men outside were a lot, but there are even more men with guns in here. This time, there are also people wearing white dress-like clothes walking around. She recognized that clothes, it was the same thing her parents wear when they go to work. She forgot what it is called, maybe she'll ask her mom about it later.

They walked and walked, too many steps for her to count. She's already tired from all the walking, and her parents aren't even stopping. Where are they going?

"Dada, can you carry me? I'm tired." Dei pouted, spreading her arms wide in the air for her Dad to carry her like he always does. Mr. Evans smiled before giving in to his daughter. Once she's in her Dad's arms, her parents continued walking for a few minutes. They stopped from time to time to greet their friends. Just when Dei thought that her parents probably had to go around the whole building, they stopped by the elevator, she felt it going down. She giggled at the weird feeling when the elevator moved, it was like a part of her body was left behind.

When the elevator opened, they were greeted by a bald man. "Pleasant morning, Mr. Valdez." her Dad said to the man. "Pleasant morning to you too, Mr. and Mrs. Evans." They walked even more, talking about things she cannot understand, before stopping by a big metal door. Her dad finally placed her on her feet, her Mom crouched down to reach her.

"You go with Mr. Valdez to the playroom, hun. Mama and Dada will just talk to the grown ups inside this room, okay?" Her mom smiled at her, reaching for the strands of hair that were getting in the way of her face.

She nodded, she heard the word 'Play' so she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Mr. Valdez held her tiny hands, guiding her. She looked back at her parents, waving at them. "We'll see you later! Behave okay?" Dei waved back, before they disappeared into the room.

She looked up at Mr. Valdez, the lights shining on his bald head which made her giggle. He looks like the lamp she has in her bedroom. Mr. Valdez stopped by a glass door, she saw a big room with tons of toys in it.