Betrayal

"Mr. Zhongli! Mr. Zhongli!" Hu Tao, a not really tall brunette girl, was yelling after her employee while trying to catch up with him. She was holding some books and probably a lot of paperwork in her hands, trying not to drop any. She couldn't find her employee for a good amount of time. This was the second day without him in Wangsheng Funeral Parlor and it was a total disaster, probably not for him, but for her absolutely. She was already thinking that this day is no longer different, yet, she found him today, walking in Liyue peacefully.

   "Why, hello there, Miss Hu." Her employee, going by the name Zhongli, turned around and greeted her with a slight smile.

   She stopped just a few centimeters in front of him and looked up, to meet his amber eyes. They were the same color as the most beautiful Cor Lapis in all of Teyvat, except that they were totally priceless. Too beautiful for auction.

She was staring in his eyes for a good amount of time, until she dropped her items she was gathering, in his arms.

   "Never leave Wangsheng Funeral Parlor before you let me know or I allow you to-" She spit out the words angrily and crossed her arms on her chest. Her expression didn't even change when she saw a little dog near the Wanmin Restaurant.

   "My apologies, Miss Hu. I quite don't understand your statement." Zhongli said with a confused look. He had no idea what had happened. He remembers very well how he told her he was taking a week off, two days ago.

   "What have you been doing these two days?! Why were you avoiding me?! Do you even know how much work we have because you didn't show up?!" She asked a couple of questions not actually waiting for the response at any of it, so she continued complaining about the work.

   "Miss Hu, sorry to interrupt your words. We talked about that recently. You suggested to me to take a week break by yourself two days ago. I have considered your idea and in the end, I agreed." Zhongli tried to explain the situation without any useless words. After all, he can manage to lose track of time while talking, that is also one of the things people appreciated. Well, a lot of people did not enjoy it and couldn't stand it, but the others were glad when he shared his thoughts and his knowledge with them.

   "I guess I might have forgotten," Hu Tao giggled and continued with a big smile. Her bad mood faded away and now, in front of him, stood Hu Tao, the one and the real and the only Hu Tao he knew. "Zhongli, I need to buy some things for the parlor and I need your help."

   Zhongli sighed. He knew he was dragged into work again, though not fully. He had two days to recover and he knew that Hu Tao was a person who respected others and gave them time if needed, so there was no need to worry. She soon walked away with words; "Follow me".

   Zhongli remained standing at the spot where he was before. The weight he had in his arms was not that small, but he still could manage it. After all, he was no ordinary human, and this weight was nothing to him even if those papers and books weighed at least 10 kilograms. How exactly did Hu Tao transfer them from the parlor to him? He had no idea.

   He stood there probably long enough to make Hu Tao in urge to turn around and start dragging him through the alleys.

   Liyue was mainly known for its full streets and crowded shops. It was no exception for today. On Mondays, the shops and the stalls were totally stacked because of the new goods that just came. On Tuesdays, some of the people who avoided coming on Monday to avoid the chance of being a victim of trampling have now taken to the streets, and flooded the shops. Wednesdays and Thursdays were quite fine, though still flooded with people. About Fridays? Yes, that was indeed a great day to go gather the dust left over from Monday. When you don't come on time in Liyue or plan a purchase, you'll hardly get anything.