Life 5

3.
Robin
For some reason they cut the ski trip short. Apparently, they found two kids freezing to death and aggressively snogging on top of a pile of frozen meat. I know. Weird. Meanwhile, the chef of the restore for no apparent reason fled and, unlucky thing, his breaks were out of fluid. He spun out on an icy curve, died on impact. Shame.
We're sent home on two flights, due to the urgency of it. They separate me and Bash very effectively sending me home first while the police chat with foster people. We're in trouble at school as well, something about same sex relationships being wrong and it being a catholic school, and they are not comforted by how often we express how much we hate each other.
I'm on the first flight out, Bash and some others on a later one, so we are shuttled to the airport separately. The legality of all this, flight scheduling, short flight back to Seattle, followed by the long bus ride out to Oak Harbor, take effectively the entire next day, so it's late at night when I find my way back to the monastery. Now I've slept about five hours in the last seventy two at this point, so I hastily scribble a note on a paper, sticking it to my room door:
Going mad. Do not disturb. Already disturbed enough.
(I also do not like me being the way I am)
Then I drop into bed without changing. The sign has zero effect on my friends, which is you know, comforting.
"What the hell?" Marianna asks, shaking my shoulder.
"I can explain," I say, rolling over sleepily to see her and Rocket sitting on my bed.
"They said they found you kissing Bash Blake senseless on top of a pile of frozen human meat?"
"Oh. You already know all about it. I don't have to explain. Night now," I try to roll back over.
"You like him now?" Marianna asks.
"Haven't you ever hated someone so much that you wanted to fuck them painfully against a wall?" I ask, rubbing my face.
"No," Marianna says.
"No, but I've never wanted to fuck anyone," Rocket says helpfully.
"Hm, just me then? Okay, something else for therapy," I attempt to go back to sleep.
"Did he want you to kiss him?" Rocket asks, hesitantly.
"Oh absolutely. Not a bad kiss, 10/10 would never repeat should not have happened only happened due to gross mental illness from childhood trauma did you not read the sign?" I pull the pillow over my head.
"Robin this is really bad, mate, we don't want you going unhinged."
"Too late."
"Does he know who you are?" Marianna asks.
"He always has. I'm not concerned recall how I told you I think I'm a minor god cursed to fall to earth? Yeah still think that it's my godcomplex I'm gonna work on it in therapy along with when I'm working out the events of the last twelve hours but mostly the twenty five to seventy five minutes I was in his mouth," I say, sitting up on my elbows.
"You don't know how long it was?" Marianna asks.
"No, lost all concept of time and space, also was freezing to death," I say, flopping back on the bed.
"Robin!"
"Stop saying my name like that! I don't like me being this way either! Did you not read the sign?"
"Your phone's ringing," Rocket says, picking it up off the night table.
"Fuck," I sigh. Courdelion. Against my worse judgement I answer.
"Okay so they told me what happened, and I need you to tell me what you think happened 'cause from what I'm hearing you never get to make fun of my life choices specifically my ex-boyfriends, again," Courdelion says, by way of greeting.
"I've no idea what they told you but I can explain," I say.
"You were found locked in a freezer kissing Bash Blake to death on top of a pile of frozen human meat?"
"Wow they told it to you perfectly night now—,"
"Put Marianna or someone on if you're gonna hang up I know they're there I can hear them arguing—,"
"Fine," I throw the phone at Marianna.
"Hi—yeah I don't know what's wrong with him either—no I know we can't protect him from himself—-okay—no the serial killer part is worse than the kissing some boy part—also the part where the boy is trying to get him arrested for the serial killer part—thank you for feeling like you should give me this talk though—okay—yeah here he is," she tosses the phone back.
"Hello?" I ask.
"I know you're gonna ignore me but please be careful? I'm not going to ask what you think you were doing because I know you weren't thinking—,"
"Wow that's completely correct almost like you've been a real person—,"
"Shut up, I am gay, and I am very very concerned for you and what is going on with this boy," he says.
"I'm can handle Bash Blake," I say, then I do hang up on him, pulling the pillow over my head. Marianna pulls it off.
"What?" I ask, innocently.
"Mate you have problems," Rocket says.
"I know! Read the sign!"