The Ball Day 3

The final night of the ball arrived. Katrina was angry her daughters had not won the prince yet. That is why she ordered the best dresses she could find to be made for the girls. To Katrina her girls looked beautiful but if you asked anyone else personally they would say they were the ugliest.

" Marinette, we are leaving. We will be home at 1:00am. Curfew is 10:00, am I understood?"

All Marinette did was nod. With that her stepmother and stepsisters left for the final night of the ball. Marinette decided to go read in the living room and wait for Tikki to arrive. " Why does she make you stay home?" Nadja asked.

" She says I am too young for such things."

" Oh fiddle! That woman doesn't know what she's talking about." Tikki scoffed.

" Madam Tikki!"

" I already have the carriage and everything ready to go. Now let's see what we can do with you tonight." Tikki said.

( STOP DELETING STUFF WATTPAD)

Marinette's Day 3 dress was red like the other 2 dresses and was off shoulder like the second dress but it had gold and silver accents along the whole dress.

" Now remember, you must be home before midnight or everything will turn back to what it was before." Tikki warned once more.

At the castle, Adrien sat in his throne sulking. Why was she running from him every night? Was she scared of him? Did he do something wrong?

" You're overthinking." Plagg whispered.

" I can't help it Plagg. She's been running away from me the last few nights. I don't know what to do about it." Adrien sighed.

" If I may..... I suggest we put tar on the stairs. That way when she runs, she can't escape." Plagg suggested.

" That's brilliant! Get on that Plagg." Adrien ordered.

A few minutes later Marinette walked into the ballroom and caused quite a bout of silence. Adrien immediately got up and ran to her.

" I missed you my lady." He said kissing her hand.

" I have missed you as well your highness." She replied.

He asked her to dance and they danced for hours. This of course made many girls furious that the prince had not spent time with anyone but Ladybug for the last three nights. " Who is she?" King Gabriel asked Nathalie.

" The Princess Ladybug, your majesty." She replied.

" There is no princess ladybug. Find out her real name." He ordered. She nodded and walked away.

Later Adrien and Marinette were outside on the balcony talking. " Can you believe such a thing?!" Adrien asked as he made jokes.

" I wonder what it would be like if we could choose to be what we want." She wondered out loud.

" I would be a tutor. I love learning so I firmly believe I would be a good teacher." He said.

" Well I would be a seamstress or a gardener." She replied.

They could faintly hear a " Her name you nitwits. Find her name!" Coming from inside. They just looked at each other confused.

" If only my father wasn't ill and I wasn't heir to the throne." He sighed.

" My father is on a long trip. I miss him very much. He brings me back little things like books and stuff whenever he comes home." Marinette said.

" He sounds like a good man. And everyone knows a good man raises a wonderful daughter." He whispered as he leaned in. She leaned in as well. They kissed for about 30 minutes.

" I love you Princess Ladybug." Adrien said.

This snapped Marinette out of her little fantasy. " I love you too your highness but I am not what you think I am." She replied.

" You are a kind, intelligent, beautiful, girl and I have fallen madly for you." He said as he pursued her around the balcony trying to kiss her again.

" Your Royal highness." Plagg interrupted.

" What is it Plagg?" Adrien asked.

" His majesty requests an audience with the Princess Ladybug."

" You're Plagg? Tikki mentioned you." Marinette said.

" You know Tikki?"

" Yes we have talked a few times." She informed Tikki's husband.

" Please tell my father we will be happy to grant his request." Adrien ordered.

" Anything else?" Plagg said.

" Yes, if you could keep Audrey out of the way I would appreciate it."

At this point Marinette lost track of time. The clock suddenly struck 12. Marinette gasped and took one look at the prince and the clock and ran away while the prince was distracted.

" You frightened her you fool!" Adrien scolded Plagg once he realized she was gone.

He ran after her but she was faster. As she ran down the steps she got caught in the tar trap. She yanked her foot out of her shoe and continued running. She was afraid to get caught so she left the shoe behind. Soon her dress started changing back to her plain dress she was wearing before as she continued running down more stairs. Even her hair was going back to normal length. Once she got to the bottom of the stairs she ran away from the castle.

Adrien ran after her at first but stopped upon noticing her shoe in the tar. He picked it up and looked at it closely. " It didn't work?!" Plagg asked incredulously.

" No but we did get her shoe."

" Her shoe?!"

" That's it! Only she could have such tiny feet for a grown girl. I will search the entire kingdom for her. And when I do find her and I promise you I will. I will make her my wife." Adrien promised.

Marinette on the other hand had made it home 5 minutes before 1:00. It was a long run. She immediately went to her room. She sat in her window sill with a book in her arms. She then leaned her head against the window and closed her eyes, pretending to sleep.

" Nadja, I appreciate you taking time out of your miserable life to watch Marinette the last few nights" Marinette heard from downstairs.

" My pleasure Duchess." Nadja curtsied.

" Dismissed."

Katrina went upstairs to check on Marinette only to find her in the window sill asleep. " Marinette, get up and go to your bed, honestly!" Katrina commanded exasperated.

Marinette got up acting like she had been asleep for a while. " How was the ball?" She asked tiredly.

" Ugh dreadful." Katrina scoffed. " Now sleep. You have things to do tomorrow."