Chapter 5 - New Day, New Disaster

Hope you're all doing well ❤️
_________________________________

Your alarm blared, playing some song you've heard one too many times. Frowning you slowly open your eyes and heave a long sigh.

Dammit, I've been asleep for one fucking hour.

Grumbling loud you slide out of bed, kicking your dresser a few times. Hard enough to get some anger out, but not enough to wake the neighbors. Finally standing, you slip on a pair of dark jeans and the usual shirt you wear for work; dark red and silky. Quickly fixing your hair, you nearly yelp at the time. Your shift starts at 8 for the morning breakfast rush! You're hoping the clock is fast and it isn't actually 7:45.

Tumbling down the hallway you snag your wallet, shoes, and keys before running down the stairs. Skipping as many as you can of course. Towards the bottom you decide fuck it and slide down the cold metal banister. Shivering from the chill you burst through the door of your apartment complex and head towards the bar. A few humans (and monsters) look at you a bit strangely as you pass.

Arriving in a record-breaking 10 minutes you apologize profusely to George's who simply rolls his eyes and motions to the back of the bar. You quickly clock in and head to the dining room to set all of the tables up for the guests. Laying down dark red tablecloths across the circular tables has become your art, of sorts. You like to think that you do it with great finesse. After laying down some clean silverware, napkins, and small plates for appetizers, you grin and admire your work.

Suddenly, the door bell chimes deeply and you turn to face the incoming customer.

Your blood freezes, and you find yourself unable to look away from...them.

There is no doubt they're a monster, but their facial features are eerily human, like that of Bones and his brother. Their eyes have a crack running above or below each. They're wearing a dark suit, and a blood red coat.

Attempting to regain your composure as quickly as you can, as not to scare them away, you give your best grin. Albeit nervous you're surprised you can move.

"Hello and good morning! Please, sit where you like and I will be with you sho-"

"Are you the one my... associate keeps yapping about." Their voice is deep, deeper than any you've ever heard. They wear a dark frown and approaches you slowly. You hate to admit it but you immediately cower. You frantically glance around. George's is nowhere to be found, and the only other staff are those prepping food for the day deep in the back of the kitchen area.

Stammering a little you muster up a lousy response, realizing the possible gravity of the situation.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, I'm sorry."

Their deep eye sockets narrow, and their next works seemed laced with poison.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about, stay the fuck away from Sans and Papyrus. Our business is none of yours and if I catch you snooping around tryin' to investigate shit you shouldn't be, I'll make you wish your lousy apartment burned with you in it."

Your eyes widen and you immediately break out in a cold sweat. Holy shit, you think, this has to Bones' boss! How the hell do I talk my way out of this? Your thoughts are frantic but before you can say anything the monster is standing inches from your face.

"I hope I've made myself clear, mouse." You shudder at their words a slowly nod your head, hoping to everything that they leave. The monster straightens, nods at something behind you briskly, and leaves. You don't think that bell will sound the same for a while.

Slowly gazing behind you, your face beginning to flush and your eyes watering, George's is standing behind the bar gaze locked on you and harden. It softens however after he sees the beginning of tears. He walks over, but before he does you glimpse him tucking away the spare handgun he keeps away in case any customers ever get a little too out of hand.

He looks you in the eyes before embracing you quickly. You cling to him, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"Holy shit, who was that Y/N? Are you in deeper shit than usual or what?" You release him and wipe your eyes quickly taking some breaths

"I think that was a...friend of the skeleton monsters that were here the other day. They..they know where I live, and that I've been getting closer to the shorter of the brother's."

George's eyes widen more, and he looks a bit confused.

"But why come after you and only threaten you? Don't people like them usually just get the job over with?"

You shake your head, still a little confused yourself. You don't think Bones would disclose your relationship, if you would call it that, to someone who was obviously dangerous. Especially if he really was his boos.

You hated it had come to this, and felt scared to say it but you glance at the door and clear your throat anyways.

"I think I know who we can ask to get to the bottom of this, but whoever that was is not going to like it."

___________________________________________

Wow that was a little nuts. I think y'all know exactly who it is. ;) Sorry for the uber late chapter, I recently got a job and will be attending college soon. Hope you all enjoy the chapter, however late. More to come, hopefully! Love you all! ❤️