The Storm

'What is he doing here?'' Nathalia sighed to herself as she reached the group. She had known Declan for years; they were relatively good friends until two years ago when he decided it would be funny to super glue her to a chair during assembly!

She forced a smile, glanced at Declan, and looked over at Ivory.

"Sorry, Brody wanted him to come" Ivory explained as she held Brody's hand. Nathalia rolled her eyes. Declan must have seen because he chuckled as he walked past her, muttering something under his breath, too quiet for her to hear.

After a long ten minutes of useless chatter, the four headed off on a walk - they lived in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do for miles. As they started walking an awkward silence lingered. While Brody and Ivory were busy flirting, Declan and Nathalia didn't say a word to each other. Suddenly a huge gust of wind almost swept them off their feet, followed by a torrential downpour. 

"Of course, it's raining. What were we thinking? You can never go out without it chucking it down when you live in Britain" Declan exclaimed as he wiped the rainwater from his face.

"Let's go in there" Nathalia suggested, pointing to a derelict brick building. "I mean, we can't exactly go home now, we can at least shelter till the storm dies down."

The four teens rushed into the dark building. They split up to find somewhere to sit. Nathalia headed up a rotting staircase and peered inside the empty rooms. Declan plodded around what was once a kitchen, the oven doors were off their hinges and the countertops were battered and filthy. While scanning the dusty cupboards, he heard a piercing scream.