𝐈𝐈

Last chapter...

"May I ask a question?" Amerlyn asked her joking demeanor dropping almost immediately.

"Uh, yea sure." Cisco said unsure.

"What the hell happened in this building?"

~~~

"What the hell happened in this building?"

The two just stared at her in silence until she decided to break it. "Hey! I asked a question and I would love an answer."

"You-Your hair is on fire." Cisco who was hiding behind Caitlin, pointed at her hair.

"Okay, I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm cool. I'm fine." She breathed in and out then smiled trying to prove her calmness but she failed at it since her eye was twitching. "Now, my answer."

"Two years ago , the particle accelerator, which was right under where you are at the moment, exploded and created metahumans. It killed many people, Just like many were injured." Caitlin started and Amie nodded. " It created killers, bad people, some may sa-"

"Villains!" Cisco exclaimed putting a finger up dramatically. Seeing the look they were both giving him he mumbled a quick apology.

Amerlyn shook her head and brought her attention back on Caitlin. "Continue."

She nodded. "As I said, it created many criminals. Some hell bent on revenge. But it also created a hero. The flash, speeds around the city saving people and catching those causing danger."

" I see. Now, what happened that made the flash boy so guarded? I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it is when someone is offering help, well making a good deal. What's up with the trust issues?" Amerlyn put her hand under her chin.

Cisco took a deep breath and started talking. " Harrison Wells, or should I say Eobard Thawne. The one that created star labs. He was flash's mentor, Our mentor. We thought the particle accelerator explosion was an accident but it was all according to his plan. It costed lives. Our loved ones lost their lives because of him. "

" Look, flash is a great guy. He's just been through a lot. " Caitlin tried to explain but it made Amerlyn chuckle.

" Everyone's been through something. Hell, I died and came back to life so many times. Last time was a sacrifice. I sacrificed myself to get rid of the dark one's powers. Just for it to go back to my father." They both looked concerned at the issues she presented. " I have many reasons to not trust anyone or even accept anyone and I'm sure you guys too but when innocent lives are at risk and someone is able to help you don't shut them out. You. Listen. You. Accept. "

A loud grumble of thunder was heard from outside as she became more and more frustrated. She had gotten up without realizing.

" Sorry." She sat back down and let out a breath smiling.

"It's...okay." Caitlin assured her.

" We got to get going. " Cisco said before realizing. "Sorry." He was talking about leaving her in a cell.

" I'm used to it." She just shrugged.

~~~

" What's going on, Cisco?" Barry asked as team flash was back at Star labs.