Lamppost Guy

I've Always wondered how it would feel like to be a lamppost, I mean, not a literal lamppost, but the spirit that surrounds one. All lampposts must be connected by a wire, They all have their own light, stand still during heavy rains and really hot days. But it's hard to notice them, even though they are there for as long as you can remember, nobody ever look at them and actually see them, they're just there to do what they were built for.

One day I passed by a lamppost and there was a figure, covered in light, waiting for something. I looked into its eyes and tried to understand what was happening, and by doing that, I noticed that the light of the lamppost was off in the Middle of the night, it must have burned or something. I don't know why, but something was calling me from the inside to talk to this creature, so I just thought and it felt like we were connnected and then, that creature talked.

– Hello... are you really here? Or am I dreaming? – said the creature

– Hi? I think the one that is dreaming would be me, but yeah, I'm here – I said while I noticed a face appearing on this creature

– I'm so happy, i'm so happy – said the creature, now with a face and it was brighting more and more – I never thought anyone could see me.

– Why?

– Well, i've been living like this for so long, seeing strangers walking by, groups of friends drinking down this street, dogs peeing on me, people walking in the mornings and photographers taking pictures of the trees, i felt like i barely existed.

– But what about the others, i mean, the Other lampposts, do they see you? – i asked

– It feels like they don't exist neither, they're just there waiting for an end, but there's a legend that when two lampposts connects with each other a fusion happens and they will never feel alone again. But its just a legend, I probably invented it. – said the creature now with hair made by it's own light.

– I like your hair, it looks like my hair, strange, but cool. – I said a little concerned

– I have hair? Wow

– Not just hair, since I got here you've been changing a lot, almost like a copy of me.

– Strange... why you're here? – said the creature with a serious tone

– I was passing by and saw a light and then...

– Why are you here? Are you really here? – said the creature with an empty voice

– I am, of course I am. Why would i lie? – I said

– So answer me, what were you doing before this walk, what's your history? – Said the creature, now with legs, Arms and a thin chest.

– I don't understand, do you think I don't exist? Weren't you the one that said that barely existed?

– I said that I barely existed to others, but i know that i exist, and I know what it's happening here. – said the creature with my eyes and it was turning black with the other parts of the body

– So say it, what is happening here?

– There's nobody here, not even you or me. – said the creature

– If i'm not here, so who am i? – I said while touched its hand

– I'm talking to myself again, maybe for the last time, that's why it feels so real – I said, now covered in light and darkness, looking at the street.

– Maybe one day it will not be me again. – I said, looking at a lamppost

I see all day, all this life around me, but i can't feel it. Maybe I'm not a good person, or maybe i don't even exist. Even if someone looks at me, they will never notice me there. After all, i'm just a lamppost. There to be seen, but nobody notices it.

– Lonely spirits are like lampposts. Even if someone realizes they are there, it is already too late. The lamppost would not be able to distinguish a friend from its own light, and therefore, it would remain in the same place until your light is consumed by emptiness and your hopes disappear. – I said, and at my very last word...

I DISAPPEARED.