"Actually, it was my mom's."

A few days later, Aunt May was in the kitchen. She'd just put her nephew's lunch on the island.

"Peter, your sandwich is ready!" she called, from behind the counter.

"Got it!" Peter called back, already halfway down the stairs.

Making his way over to his loving Aunt, Peter quickly pecked her cheek.

"Thank you, Aunt May."

"You're very welcome," she smiled, before grabbing her purse and keys. "Alright, I've gotta get to the hospital. I'm doing a double shift tonight. There's frozen macaroni and cheese, in the fridge. Can you please do me a favor? After you eat, could you please go down, into the basement and bring up some of Ben's old shirts, that he never wore? I want to donate them to the F.E.A.S.T. shelter."

"Oh," said Peter, feeling somewhat shocked. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

"Thank you," she said, before kissing Peter's cheek. "Love you, Peter!"

"Love you, too, Aunt May!" he smiled. "Go save lives!"

May smiled, before walking outside, through the back door. After a few minutes, Peter finished his sandwich and put the plate, in the dishwasher, before hesitantly going down, to the basement. Sure, he knew he and Aunt May would be donating shirts that Uncle Ben hardly wore, if not at all, but there still came a certain heaviness, with doing something like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After moving some boxes away, to get to Ben's rarely worn clothes, Peter saw something, that he'd thought was gone for good. Behind those very boxes, that he'd just moved, to the side, there was an acoustic guitar, that was played by his late mother, Mary. 

"No way..." he whispered, to himself, in disbelief and shock.

"Pete?" asked an approaching voice.

"Amy?" asked Peter, before embracing her, in a quick hug. "Hey, what's up?"

"I was just coming home, from the studio, when your Aunt asked me to help you, with some stuff... You guys have a basement?"

"Yeah. To tell you the truth, Ames, I'd honestly forgot that we had one."

The two friends just laughed, before Amy saw the guitar and pointed to it.

"You have a guitar?" she asked, walking over to look at it, more closely.

"Uh, no. Actually, it was my mom's," said Peter. "Yeah, before she and Dad died, she used to play that guitar and sing me to sleep, at night."

"I bet she sounded amazing," said Amy, kindly.

"Oh, my mom had the voice of an angel," he sighed, solemnly, before his voice broke. "...Sorry."

"Don't be," said Amy, instantly pulling him into a hug. "You've got nothing to be sorry for."

"Thanks, Ames," smiled Peter, returning the hug.

The two friends hugged, for a few moments, before Amy pulled away, with an idea.

"Hey, maybe you could play it?... You know, to honor your mom, God rest her soul," she suggested.

"You know what?" he smiled, with a sniffle. "I just might do that... Only problem is I don't know how to play."

"I'll teach you!" Amy blurted out, eagerly. "I've been playing for years."

"That sounds great," said Peter, before pulling Amy in, for a quick hug. "Thanks again, Amy."

"Aw, you're welcome, Pete," she said before they both pulled away. "Now, come on. I'm not leaving until I help you with these clothes."

"Ma'am, yes, ma'am," he saluted, sarcastically.

As they got to work, Peter wondered if he should write Lauren a song, to tell her how much he loves her.

"No!" he thought, to himself. "I- if anything, I should write Gwen a song... Right?... Gosh, what am I doing?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, across the street, Lauren was in her room, taking deep breaths. 

"Today's the day," she whispered, to herself, as she looked in the mirror. "I'm breaking up with Harry... I can't keep doing this, anymore."

And with that, Lauren grabbed her phone and went to go call things off, with Harry. She knew Peter was still with Gwen, but in NO way did she hate Gwen. She and Gwen were good friends. At this point, Lauren just HAD to break up with Harry, before she could think about anything else.