𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

"Hi! Aren't you Techno's little brother? You're quite handsome! How old are you?" Cecilla's voice rang. "I'm Cecilla."

"Wilbur. I'm not Techno's little brother, just a friend... My dad is his royal advisor. You look great tonight princess, and thank you - but I'm 19." Wilbur explained, answering all of her questions politely.

"Oh! I thought I was getting to know my future in-law for a moment there." She joked and laughed slightly. Wilbur didn't return the favour.

"In-law? Are you engaged?" He asked the woman, Venus, who lay in her bed, smiled a little at Wilbur's odd, moody nature.

"Not yet!" Cecilla sang confidently, "but Techno is so fond of me, and I'm quite fond of him for a change. I don't often grow interested in people, but the way he flatters me is such a change of pace. He doesn't try too hard, but he shows he cares." She giggled and sighed happily at the thought of the pink-haired brute she could somehow find interest in.

"Oh okay. I was surprised for a second." Wilbur huffed with his own sort of amusement. It clicked in Venus's mind that his humour was also as crude as Cecilla's, just in a different context. Venus thought it would be interesting to see how it would play out with the two by her door, keeping her from sleeping.

"Surprised? Why is that, Wil? And what's funny?" She asked obliviously, she meant it in graceful nature but clearly, she seemed a bit worried.

"Don't call me Wil. Thanks. And nothing's too funny, just that now I'll tell you he's always like this, I then try to tell you that he'll break your heart and you end up not listening. It always happens. Just have to remind you that you aren't special if he calls you pet names." He repeated what he told Venus word-for-word. He must have said it countless times. Venus almost gasped from how blunt he was, at least he didn't hold a bias.

"Is that so? Well you'll be right and wrong, kid. I'm going to ignore you, but my heart is made of gold, and it won't be broken. I break hearts and for the first time ever, I don't want to break his. I don't know what my sister was doing, insulting him and hating such a wonderful man. But I guess that's what happens when you're second best. I digress. He won't be breaking my heart, because I don't want to break his. My sister tried, she never got the chance; he wasn't in love with her anyway." Cecilla bragged. Her voice was still angelic but she also had a rough tone under it that reminded Venus a bit of Tommy.

"No need to get haggard over it. I tell this to every woman. Even Venus. She took it better than you did, I don't think I actually needed to tell her. You know, I don't think Venus was after Technoblade, she seems pretty content with Sapnap anyway." Wilbur began talking, Venus zoned out for a second just to disagree at the implications that she was courting Sapnap, both agreed it was unappealing. She returned as he spoke, "but your sister's nice. So I don't think Techno minded. Who am I to say though? I'm just a kid who's been around Technoblade since he was what? Three? I wouldn't know a thing about him. Not at all." Wilbur shrugged with a cool tone. Venus wondered why he sounded so much more harsh.

"You're quite cold, Wilbur. Why is it that you hate me? Do you like my sister more?" Cecilla asked, gently yet still with a jagged delivery.

"Eh... somewhat. She responded better than you did. She just knew what he was up to and couldn't be any less interested in our conversation. Plus, she treats me as an equal. In some ways, she'll be better than you. But I don't really care all that much between the two of you. I'd wish you luck in trying to beat your sister but I don't think she's even participating." Wilbur was awfully poetic, he had great, fluid delivery. His voice wasn't monotone, but it was bland when resting. "Anyway, I don't hate you, I treat you as just about anyone who is... well... like you. All in good heart, I say what I did to every girl who Technoblade inevitably seduces." He approached Venus's door and knocked as he spoke.