𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Safe in your arms, for a moment only

____________________________

Listening to the howls of wind throughout the night kept me calm.My head rested on his chest listening to his steady heart beat whilst he slept.

Theodore must have been exhausted, merely 10 minutes after we finally settled the down in-front of the fire he fell asleep with me in his arms.

However I could not sleep.I tossed and turned on the bed keeping my eyes closed but it was no use.

I sat up on the bed and pulled the covers off my body.I stood up from the bed and placed them over Theodore more so he would stay warm.

I took one step and stumbled a little feeling dizzy.I gripped the arm of the chair steadying myself.

A wave of nausea coursed through me directing my next steps to the bathroom.I locked the bathroom door and kneeled down next to the toilet.

I cursed myself knowing I was starting to go through withdrawal, and the worst part was wondering how I was going to hide it from Theodore.

After bringing up the very little continents in my stomach I rested the side of my head on the floor lying down against the cold tiles.

I had removed my sweater so I was only in a cropped vest top.I was sweating but my body was shaking.

I sighed bringing my knees up to my chest hugging them against my body trying to trick it to feeling the warmth it needs.

Goosebumps rose on my skin,sweat trickled from my forehead.A knock at the door made me flinch.

"Are you okay"his raspy voice spoke from the the other side of the door.

I went to speak but I felt the urge to be sick once again.I placed my hands on the sides of my head holding it up.

I had nothing left in my stomach to bring up so it was just liquids coming up.

The door clicked open and I immediately flushed the toilet and stood up.My back was to the door and I began splashing water over my face.

My hands shook when I went to lift my toothbrush out from the container.I began brushing my teeth and I kept my eyes on the water.

I finished brushing my teeth and I stood back, I placed my hands on the edge of the counter and let my head drop between my shoulders.