Chapter Two- Work Buddies

This is honestly my first FanFic so i'm sorry if it's bad and don't mind the picture😭

----------------------------------------------

"It's Y/N". You said, still annoyed but you felt bad. You didn't know this, but a small smile crept on Armin's face. You walked into a room with a bunch of people, including your friends. You ran over to your friend Yelana." Oh my god Yelena, are you okay!" You said worried but you knew she would be alright. "I'm okay Y/N." She said calmly. "Alright shut up and calm down, everyone takes a seat" The short man from earlier said. "Yes, captain Levi," some people said in unison.

'So, his name is Levi', you thought staring at the handsome short guy. The captain starts talking. "Listen up, we need to start building ports so it's easier to travel back and forth, the sooner we build the better." He says, then he pauses. "Y/N," you look up, suprised he called your name. "Yes?" You said. "I heard you are good with books and research, you will be on the research team with Armin." You look at Armin, surprised for a second time. "Is it just going to be us? Aren't we helping with building the ports?" "You are, but not the whole time." Armin was confsued too because this was the first time he heard of this. "Captian, this is the first time I am hearing this, I will be of service for these ports right?" He said, wanting to know why he could not stay the whole time. He wanted to help them because he did come up with the idea, but he wasn't going to fight Levi. "You both will be helping, the port will take about three months to build, you will be going back in one to help with research." You understood, but does that mean you were stuck with this blonde guy who smells of vanilla and cedarwood. You could smell it from a mile away. You had to admit, he was cute and he did smell good, but you would never say it outloud. "I understand," You both said, not wanting to make a fuss for get captian Levi mad. "We will leave in a week, be ready and meet here," he said sternly.

Everyone walked out of the conference room after the meeting. You were about to meet with Yelana until I was stopped. "Hey Y/N, so since we are studying together, Levi told me that you should stay at my place for the time being. Don't worry, I have an extra room and I won't bother you." He said with a small smile on his face. You looked at him in awe. You didn't realize how nice these people could be, expecially him. You look up at him and somehow, you felt safe, like he wasn't going to harm you. "Are you sure I'm not invading your personal space?" He laughs, "Of course not, now let me get the carriage, wait here!" You did what he said. You waited for five minuites. Someone then walks up to you. "Hi! It's going to be a pleasure working with you," says a girl with bread stuffed in her mouth. "Uh, thank you, you too." You said kind of blandly and awkwardly. "Leave her alone Sasha, lets go!" A man with short hair says. The girl, you pursume her name is Sasha, runs away.

Armin walks up to you. "Ready to go?" There was a horse and carriage waiting for us. "Yeah, I am." Armin gets in first and holds out his hand to help you up. You hesitantly took it and thanked him. He smiled and you guys started heading to his home. You weren't going to lie, you were a bit nervous sleeping in someones house you didn't know, expecially a man, but your nerves calmed down for some reason. You couldn't explain it. You looked at him for a second and right when you did he looked at you. You quickly looked away and he just smiled.

After a silent, but not awkward ride, you arive to his place. It was a cottage, but it was pretty big. He helped you out of the carriage and he thanked the guy in the carriage. You both walk in and the inside looked very neat. While inspecting the place a little, Armin says "follow me Y/N, this will be your room." You follow him silently. As he opens the doors to your new room, you were in shock. This places is bigger than the one at my home, you thought. You looked at him, saying "Thank you, really thanks for this." You, unknowingly, give him a small smile. A tint of red is shown on his face. "Of course, and if you need anything, my room will be right beside yours, now get some rest, goodnight Y/N." "Goodnight Armin." You say as he is walking out the door. You lay in bed. 'I guess having him as my work buddy won't be so bad' you thought, and you hoped.