Chapter 3

Peter blinked a couple of times at what Tony just said. "It's holding a what?" he asked.

"An infinity stone." Thor said, marching in on their conversation. "An infinity stone is a gem made of immense power. And it is tied to one factor of the universe."

"Tied to one factor?" Mera asked from beside Peter. He had failed to notice his fiance had traveled down from where she was to right beside his side in seemingly seconds. "Care to elaborate?"

"Well," Thor started. "When the, as you humans refer it, big bang occurred, it sent six crystals hurdling across the galaxy. Each one is the greatest power of the universe, and unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Well that's interesting." Mera commented.

"There are six of them?" Peter asked, in surprise.

"Yes." Stark said.

"There's the space stone, the reality stone, the power stone, the soul stone, the mind stone and the time stone." Thor continued. A thought then occurred in the back of Peter's mind, like he had heard of these things before.

"Something bugging ya kid?" Tony asked, observing Peter's expression. Mera turn in concern at Tony's words.

"I'm just trying to think." Peter said. "Because it sounds very familiar....These.....infinity stones. Perhaps I had a dream about it once."

"Or maybe you have experience with this before." Tony said. "It should be familiar to you, because you, me and the other Avengers had to deal with it once years ago."

Peter's eyes lit in recognition. "The battle of Thanos?" he asked.

"Yes." Thor said.

"All I remember was that he was invading the Earth. And we had to stop him." Peter said.

"Well there's more to it than that." Stark said. "Thanos had invaded the Earth to reclaim the last of the two infinity stones. He was planning to wipe out half of life throughout the universe, and with a snap of his fingers he could make it happen. But he needed all six stones in order to do so. And for a brief moment, he did managed to get them all."

"But alas, we stopped him!" Thor said proudly, puffing out his chest.

"Yes." Tony said. "We managed to get one of the stones off before he could snap his fingers and before long, got the rest of the stones away from him one by one."

"We had been too immense for Thanos, to the point where he had to retreat." Thor said. "Then the stones had to be dealt with."

"Yes." Tony said. "Two of the stones were taken off of Earth. The power stone went to......where did it go again Thor?" Tony asked.

"Xandar." Thor said. "It went to the city of Xandar, a civilization far away from here. The space stone is currently being held in Asgard. The remaining four stones are held on Earth."

"Two of the stones are currently being held in two of the Avengers headquarters. Including this one." Tony said.

"Oh!" Mera said. "So in that room, one of the stones was in there?!" she asked. "We were millimeters away from an infinity stone?"

"Yes. The soul stone is being held in this tower. The Avengers compound is currently holding another stone. The reality stone." Tony continued. "The mind stone is in Wakanda."

"And what of the time stone?" Peter asked.

"Doctor Strange has it." Tony said, surprising the two. "Yeah they've been guarding it since the dawn of time. Strange was able to take it back from Thanos when he first came here."