The Meeting

Yulivee walked to the stables. She planned to take a ride on Shadowfax. Lost in thought, she stepped on his back. "Can we come too?" she heard a voice say. She looked up, startled, to see Farodin and Nuramon standing. She laughed, Farodin and Nuramon were good friends and, moreover, they were good horseback riders. "Of course," she said. "We expected that," Farodin said, grinning. Behind them were Arod and Felbion ready. Nuramon stepped on Felbion, meanwhile Farodin climbed on Arod's back. She thought: let's see if those two can keep up with me. She ran as fast as she could. Farodin and Nuramon looked at each other, grinning for a moment, then followed. They had already gone a long way when Shadowfax suddenly slowed down. "What is it boy?" Yulivee asked in surprise. Shadowfax snorted restlessly. Yulivee pricked up her ears, meanwhile Farodin and Nuramon had joined them. Nuramon was just opening his mouth to ask a question when Yulivee motioned for him to be quiet. "I hear something, then listen," she said. "How much longer do we have to go through this cursed forest?" said a gruff voice. Yulivee heard it must be a dwarf. She thought: strange, because dwarves never come into our forests, there are already so many fights between dwarves and elves. "It's not far," said another voice. This time it was the voice of an old man. Yulivee, Farodin and Nuramon took position as quickly and silently as they could to surround the group. Then Yulivee stepped out. "In the name of the king of the Green Forest, what are you doing in our forest?" She saw the strangest group of traveling companions she had ever seen. Four hobbits, a wizard, two humans, a dwarf and an elf. The sorcerer spoke: 'Do us no harm, we favor King Thranduil'. "What are you doing in our forest?" Yulivee repeated. The wizard did not answer, but said: Just let us go on, we won't bother you." 'I didn't think so,' said Yulivee, 'King Thranduil will want to hear you, come with me!' One of the men of men wanted to go against it, but the wizard silenced him. Yulivee saw it and said, "Very wise." "Do you see this bow?" she continued, "with it I can touch a bird's eye in the dark." She showed her knives. 'And you would rather not come into contact with this'. "You've been warned," Nuramon said. "We won't hesitate to use them," Farodin added. Yulivee caught the eye of the unknown elf and her breath caught in her throat, with no explanation as to why. "Come now!" she said menacingly, trying to ignore the strange feeling.