A new friendship

Yulivee was still ashamed. How could she not recognize the king's son? She walked along the river and thought about how she would make amends. Suddenly she heard someone standing behind her. She turned around startled. "Your Highness!" she said, startled, "I didn't hear you coming." She wanted to kneel before him, but Legolas stopped her. "You don't have to kneel before me," he said, "and please just call me Legolas." "I'm sorry Legolas for being so rude to you," said Yulivee. 'It's all right, I was impressed,' said Legolas, and he laughed. "You acted exactly as I would have, and my father agreed." Yulivee smiled gently, she would not be punished. Legolas walked with her along the river and they talked. Yulivee thought Legolas was a very friendly elf. She asked, "How come I've never seen you here?" Legolas sighed deeply and told that he had been on a long journey. Yulivee was impressed, because she herself had never been allowed to leave the Demsterwold. Legolas told what he had seen and experienced. They talked late into the night. When Legolas and Yulivee parted, he looked deep into her eyes. He was fascinated by this young elf and was eager to meet her again. He asked, "Shall we go for a ride on the horses tomorrow?" "Sure," Yulivee replied. "See you tomorrow," said Legolas. Yulivee went into her room and lay down on the bed. She was already looking forward to tomorrow's ride.