CHAPTER TWO: Aiden

The car that pulls into my driveway couldn't look any more out of place and unexpected. I'm surprised Ed let it through. There's a rusty little company sign attached to the roof of the car with a pizza logo that almost explains things, but even still, Ed knows we seldom order pizza, and if we do, the delivery services don't look like that.

I cock my head as I look out from my balcony, watching as the car parks and a slender young man climbs awkwardly out.

I nearly swallow my own damn tongue as I watch him. He's small, too small. His every movement is slight and sharp and clumsy like his limbs just aren't long enough to do daily tasks. Its so fucking endearing that it takes my breath away, and I watch him silently as if any harsh sound might scare him away.

He's wearing a t-shirt that looks like it's seen one too many washes and loose jeans that have holes worn in the material the old-fashioned way.

As he leans into the car, scrambling for something, his shirt rides up a little and the glimpse of that little bit of soft, naked skin sends a jolt all the way through me and settles at my cock.

It's insane and irrational, but there's something about him that warms my blood. I can't look away from him. Everything about the way he moves—the sweet softness to him as he gathers himself and marches up to my front door—it's all so...captivating.

He runs a hand through his messy brown hair that my hands are itching to get into, and I almost call out to him, but I can't. I'm somehow frozen in place, unable to do anything but keep staring at this magnificent beauty with insecurity written all over his face as he walks up to my front door. And why was that so fucking attractive? Why was he so fucking attractive?

I try to listen when Ed opens the front door. I want to know what he sounds like, if his voice is as soft and delicate as the rest of him or if he defies all expectations with a low and heavy voice that sticks to you in all the right ways. I want to hear him so badly that if I could have forced my body to move, I might have been leaning way too far over the balcony to get within earshot.

The sound of the door closing snaps me out of my stupor, and I'm finally able to get my body to cooperate.

I rush inside the house and bolt for the stairs. I have to get to him before he makes it back to his car and pulls off. With my one-track mind, I almost forget there are other people inside, and I come within an inch of running square into my best friend Derden's chest when I make it to the bottom of the steps.

Derden steps back. "Whoa. What's the rush?"

"Who ordered pizza?" I ask quickly.

Derden cocks one of his thick, dark eyebrows. "What?"

I don't have time for this, so I blow past him.

"Jeeze," my brother Chester says from the sitting room sofa. "What's got your panties in a wad?"

"Did you order it?" I snap at my brother as I continue running for the door.

"No." Chester shrugs. "But I'm sure as hell going to eat it," he says with a chuckle as my house manager, Ed, sets the pizza down on a small coffee table in front of him.

"Don't worry, sir," Ed says to me. "It's been paid for, and the delivery boy was handsomely tipped regardless."

"Where?" I ask Ed. "Where did it come from? The pizza, I mean," I say, my brain still a fuzzy, jumbled mess. Whoever that delivery boy was, he's got me all twisted up, and I'm not sure I'll ever get untwisted.

I push past Ed and go for the front door, knowing he won't still be out there but hoping.

I yank open the door and breathe out a sigh of disappointment. As expected, he's gone, and for some reason, I feel my chest ache.