Prologue

He walks into his room, not bothering to take off his geta.

He lays down on his bed, legs draped over the side, his furisode slightly creased, it's a beautiful crimson, he's not in favor of the colour but he can't deny it's quite beautiful.

He's just returned , blood covers his hands(only figuratively of course, Mother would be...displeased, if he returned bloody).

Ainara is tired.

Tired of how his life never changes.

A cycle of missions. (always the same, get requested, kill his target, and get away with minimal injuries).

Ainara has thought of getting hobbies to pass the time, like Brother Milluki, but he doesn't find much interest in anything except his poisons. And perhaps when Mother deigns to dress him and Kalluto in her kimono, they're always exquisite.

Mother... he believes he loves her, she helps with his poisons when she's at the mansion, she even tries them on herself once in a blue moon.

Kalluto, his baby brother. He hopes he doesn't mind when Mother brings him on missions. Kalluto does enjoy his company.

Now that he's thought about his brother's, he doesn't remember the last time he and Killua spoke. Perhaps a few months ago? Father has been sending him on more missions recently... well he'll speak to him when he returns.

Satisfied with his choice, he stands up, hands pressing out the creases in his furisode. Geta clacking against the stone in a way no amount of training could erase, he exits the room and begins searching for Tsubone, she always knows where everyone is.

——

So, is that okay for a first chapter? I hope everyone liked it <3