Chapter 1: Meeting up

Tubbo's P.O.V

My life is usually pretty uneventful. Nothing out of the ordinary even today. Today me and my dad went to the lake that was behind our house. My dad was sitting on the dock while I was scuba diving. This is one of my two weird hobbies. The other is playing the piano.

But today something was different. I was swimming when all of a sudden I saw a couple of bubbles float up to the surface. Strange ... last I checked this was a personal lake. Who else is swimming in it? I don't remember my dad giving anyone else permission.

I swam a few more feet down towards the sea floor. After a little bit I ran into something ... or someone. It was too dark to see anything so I motioned him to come up to the surface a little ways from the dock. That was so that my dad didn't see them. When we got to the surface I refilled my oxygen tank and started to question them.

"What are you doing here? Are you aware that this is a private lake?" I asked them.

They were quite for a little bit before speaking and their voice caught me off guard.

"Oh sorry. I didn't realize how far out I swam." They replied.

I could see that they ment no harm.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

Their gaze fell before they answered.

"No reason at all really." They almost whispered.

I strapped the oxygen tank on my back and got back in the water. Something was definitely bothering them but I wasn't going to pester on about it. Before I knew it the stranger grabbed my arm and pulled me in for a hug. I couldn't tell if the drops of water were from his wet bangs or if he was crying.

Their grip was tight. I'm not comfortable with someone I don't know touching me. I wanted to get their attention but didn't know how.

"Ranboo." They mumbled.

What? Was that a chant of some sort?

"My name is Ranboo." They repeated.

"I'm Tubbo." I said.

"It was nice to meet you Tubbo ... but I got to get going before my family worries about me." Ranboo said.

As he dove down into the water I noticed something important. Instead of legs Ranboo had a fish tail. Ranboo was a merlin.

Ranboo's P.O.V

I swam back to the cove as fast as I could before anyone could realize that I was gone. I got to the hole in my bedroom wall that was supposed to be a window. I swam in through the window and didn't get spotted. There's a plus.

I swam around a little bit trying to find something to do. I then swam up to the sealing of my room and move some kelp out of the way to reveal sea lanterns.

"Ranboo where are you?" I heard a female voice say. The voice belongs to my mother.

"I'm in my room mom!" I called out.

"There you are." She said as she came through the door way.

My mom has midnight black hair and a midnight black tail. My dad is the complete opposite with snow white hair and a snow white tail.

"I want you to meet someone." My mom said.

A mermaid with a redish-pink tail with white assets and long dark brown hair swam in.

"Ranboo meet Beatrice, your fiance." My mom said.

"What!" I freaked and not in a good way. "I'd rather be caught with a human than her!" I yelled.