Chapter 6

Joe's POV:

After I spent the day with Momma Clara, Brynlee, and Riley, I made my way home to pack some things to get ready to spend the week over at Brynlee's. It was still mind blowing to me that I actually had a son; someone who was so much like me already and he was only a few months old. I just hope he didn't end up just like me, I wanted him to be like Bryn too. She had a drive like no one else I had ever met, she was strong, beautiful, kind and caring. I wanted Riley to be the perfect mix of us both.

After I finished packing for the next few days, I fell back onto my bed with a heavy sigh. I was exhausted and I hardly did anything today, just snuggled my son and helped Brynlee cook. I knew if I was going to be a dad, I needed to figure out a routine not to be so exhausted. It was going to be a lot of hard work but I knew I could do it, especially if I had Brynlee by my side.

I decided I probably needed to call and talk to my parents about this whole situation. I knew they already knew about Riley but I wanted to find out what they thought about everything. I picked up my phone and dialed my parents home phone number.

"Hi Joey! How are you settling in?" My mom picked up on the first ring. I think she was really missing me not being at home anymore. I couldn't blame her, I missed her just as much, I was a mama's boy for sure.

"Good momma. Hey uh I wanted to tell you that Brynlee told me about Riley, you don't have to keep it from me anymore." I chuckled, running my hands through my hair. I knew she'd be thankful that she didn't have to keep keeping secrets from me anymore. I wasn't kidding when I said she sucked at keeping secrets.

"That's great news! Honey Joey's on the phone and Brynlee finally told him about baby Riley!" I heard my mom shout at my dad, he was probably in the other room watching my highlights. He really was one of my biggest supporters and he was always watching old highlights or home videos of me.

"Anyway, so have you met him? Isn't he a doll?" She gushed, I knew she was probably ecstatic to be a grandma. She had been asking for grandkids forever.

"I can't believe I have a son. You know how long I've been in love with Bryn and now we have a son? It's so scary but I'm so beyond excited. I'm going to need all the love and support here, not only do I have to get use to playing for an NFL team but I have to learn how to be a dad all at the same time." I heavily sighed into the receiver. I heard my dad cough, indicating he had came into the same room that my mom was in.

"Joesph Lee, you're going to be completely fine. Your mother and I have been praying about you and this whole situation from the moment we found out. We know that God is on your side and that at the end of the day you and Brynlee deserve each other; Riley needs both of his parents. We'll be here with you every step of the way and if you need absolutely anything, you can call us any time, any day." My dad said, joining in on the phone call.

"Thanks dad. I really do love Bryn, I want to make her my wife one day but I know we need to focus on Riley first and foremost. We've decided I'll stay over at her apartment most of the week and then on weekend's they'll come stay with me. Eventually I'd assume we'd get a place together but I guess we'll wait and see."

"I think that's smart. That way you both still have your space, so in case something goes wrong, I'm not saying that something will go wrong, but you'll both still have space. I'm so happy for you Joey, you deserve this so much." My mom said, I could just see her smiling from ear to ear. I knew how proud she was of me, she reminded me every day. And now that she had a grandson? She was probably over the moon telling everyone.

"Thank you momma. Well, I'll let you guys go. I just wanted to call to check in and let you know that I know now. Maybe Bryn and I can come back and visit before the season starts. I know she'd be excited to see y'all and I know you guys would love to see your grandson again." I smiled.

"We would love that, keep in touch about when you're thinking. Stay out of trouble and give Brynlee and Riley our love, don't worry we still love you too Joseph." My dad chuckled, he loved Brynlee like she was his own. When Brynlee and I were kids, right before we moved, my dad said he was going to leave me with the Whitlock's and take Brynlee with them instead. It scared the shit out of me because I thought he was completely serious.

"I love y'all too. Talk soon." I said, saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.

After I got off the phone I decided I probably should go to bed. I had a meeting with the coaching staff and an offense meeting early tomorrow morning, Brynlee was going in to work tomorrow as well, I don't know what she was going to do with Riley though. I went downstairs to lock up and then crawled back into bed, grabbing my phone to check it before I went to bed. I had a few texts, mostly reminders about tomorrow's meetings but 2 stuck out to me. One was from Brynlee and the other was from an unknown number. I opened Brynlee's first.

Brynie Kate;
We miss you already daddy! We love you bunches❤️

Joe Brr;That's it, I've got the sexist baby momma and cutest son out there😍 I'm setting this as my lock screen right now😍 I love you so much my babies! I'll see you tomorrow, sleep tight❤️

Joe Brr;
That's it, I've got the sexist baby momma and cutest son out there😍 I'm setting this as my lock screen right now😍 I love you so much my babies! I'll see you tomorrow, sleep tight❤️

Brynie Kate;
Love you more baby daddy😜

I smiled at Bryn's message calling me baby daddy. I hearted her message and checked the message from the unknown number.

(290)-121-2109
Wow, never thought I'd see you end up with a slut like that. Oh wait, yes I did. I'm sure you were with her the whole time we were together. I thought we were a great couple Joey, guess I was wrong. I'd wish you the best with her but you already had that with me.

XO,

You know who🤐

I should've know better that it was Olivia. I deleted her number when I broke up with her, when I should've just blocked it completely. I had my suspicions that she was cheating on me but was only keeping me around because she knew I was going to be drafted. I really did love her and at the time I thought it was the worst break up of all time, that had since changed. I'm glad I broke up with her because now I get to spend the rest of my life with Brynlee and Riley, which sounds pretty damn good to me. I texted her back and blocked her number, hopefully I'll never hear from her ever again.

Joe;
Brynlee and I aren't even together and you know that Olivia. We've been best friends since diapers, our dads were coaches together, you knew that and you still come at me with that bullshit? Don't you EVER use slut and Brynlee's name in the same sentence ever again. She's far, FAR from it. Lose my number, I've already lost yours.

Authors Note;
Hi y'all! Couple things, that number I used is obviously fake and for the purpose of the story, it won't be used again obviously.. 😂 Secondly I only made Olivia a "bitch" for the sake of the story, I actually don't mind her at all and I think she's adorable🥰 As long as she takes care of our boy and he's happy, that's all that matters to me! Do I hope one day I end up with him? Absolutely but I know that's never going to happen and that's just a fantasy. So I choose to love and support the two of them, as I hope you guys do as well. But keep your eye out for her, she might just make another appearance in this book😉 I hope you enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed writing it🥰

Until next time❤️