The Confessions

Natsu's POV

"Move out of the way! Excuse me! A person coming through!" I shouted while running towards the basketball court

"Move out of the way! Excuse me! A person coming through!" I shouted while running towards the basketball court. I ran into a taller girl and we both fall down on the ground. The taller girl helped me up onto my feet. "Are you okay?" She asked me. I muttered a "yes" and kept staring at the taller girl. She was really beautiful and looked like someone with authority. She picked up the basket I dropped and asked, "Where are you off to in such a hurry?" I kept staring at her captivated by her beauty. "Hey are you staring at me? Aren't you in a hurry to be somewhere?" She asked me as she shook my arm. I blinked as if dazed and realized I was late. I snatched the basket from her and turned to run to the basketball court. "Wait, let me walk you. You might run into something and hurt yourself". She said and pulled me along. After reaching the basketball court, I ran towards the court where the team was waiting for me. "What took you so long? We have been waiting for you Nat." One of the boys asked me. "Ai'Fiat! I was running here when I ran into some taller girl. She walked me here." I replied. "Did you get hurt?" another guy asked. "No, I am unhurt Leo". I said still trying to catch my breath. After a few minutes break, the boys went back to practice. "Does anyone know what that girl's name is and which faculty she is from?" I asked the boys after practice. "I have heard that her name is Anda and she is our faculty senior. Why do you ask though?" Another boy asked. "Ai'Nam, I have seen her a few times before but don't know who she is. I thought one of you might know her. Plus, she is totally my type." I replied with a huge smile. The boys stared at me for a few moments before going to change. I just shrugged and helped Leo clear the court.
I ran into P'Anda a few more times in the next few days. After much thought and deliberation, I decided to gather courage and get to know Anda more. One day, I went to the canteen with my best friend, Punn, to have lunch. The canteen was full and I saw the only empty space was at Anda's table. We took our lunch to her table. "Excuse me P', can we sit with you? All the other tables are full." I asked her unsure if she would turn us down. She simply nodded and went back to her meal. "Thank you for your help the other day P'. I am Natsu. What's your name?" I asked her. "You're welcome. My name is Anda. I am your faculty senior." She replied. "Who's this girl?" She asked me looking at Punn. "This is my best friend Punn". I introduced them. We talked for a while to get to know each other better. I exchanged numbers with Anda before she left. We started talking to each other on a daily basis and we got pretty close. After a few months, I realized that I had indeed fallen in love with Anda and wanted to pursue her. It was not an easy decision for me as I was in love with my best friend too and was confused as to who I should pursue.

Anda's POV

Everything was going well for me

Everything was going well for me. I was topping my classes and doing really well. After my breakup two years ago, I refused to fall in love with anyone because I wanted to focus on studies and didn't want to get hurt again. Until a girl came into my life like a tornado. I was walking towards the basketball court to watch my friends practice. This short girl came running and before I could jump out of the way, she collided with me. We both ended on the floor. I got up, brushed myself off and helped the other girl to her feet. We then made our way to the basketball court. I immediately recognized her as the team manager, I'd seen her often. She didn't know me but I knew her. She seemed like a good person but I wanted to be sure of my feelings. I didn't want to get hurt like the last time. After a few days, we met again at the canteen. I was having my lunch alone when she came with a friend. We introduced ourselves and exchanged phone numbers. Natsu and I started talking on a daily basis and after a few months, became pretty close. I wanted to confess to her but wasn't sure if she liked me back or not. The annual prom was coming up, so I decided to ask her to prom and be my date and confess my feelings to her. The week before prom, I texted her to know where she was, and she said she was studying at the library. I bought a bouquet of red roses and went to the library. "Nat, these are for you." I said, offering her the bouquet. She accepted them with a confused look on her face. I took a deep breath knowing there was no going back now. "Natsu, will you go to prom with me?" I asked her in a rush and looked down at my feet, preparing myself for rejection. She held my hands and said "I-I can't give you an answer right now. I need some time to think. You will get the answer on prom night." Natsu sadly replied. "Nat, what's wrong? Why can't you tell me now?" I asked worried that I rushed into it faster than I should have. She picked up the bouquet and led me out of the library. I was confused but still followed her. She led me to an empty classroom to talk. "P'An, I am confused about my feelings. I am not sure if I like you or not. I will give you my answer on prom night. I will be able to make up my mind until then. I am sorry if I hurt you. I-I need to go now." I stared at her retreating back. She had handed over the bouquet to me before she left. "She didn't reject you. She said she'll give her answer on prom night. Hopefully she will choose me." I thought and went home thinking of ways to keep myself busy and not to worry too much about the rejection until D-day came.

Punn's POV

"Ai'Nat, where are you? It is pretty late

"Ai'Nat, where are you? It is pretty late. I have bought your favorite food for dinner. Come soon." I called my best friend worrying about her. She told me that she would study in the library but will be back early. I was worried she might be in trouble or something might have happened to her. Talking to her on the phone and knowing she was almost home, comforted me. I have known Nat for 5 years now. I should not be as worried about her as I was when she got home late. Maybe we have known each other for so long that I became protective towards her. Truth be told, dinner was just an excuse to have her home. I have been in love with her for 3 years now. I never confessed to her as I didn't want to lose her as a friend. Prom gave me the confidence to finally start thinking about asking her to prom. I bought her favorite food and a special bouquet for her comprised of red carnations and white roses. I was afraid of being turned down but decided to risk it anyway. I fiddled around on my phone waiting for Nat to come. After what felt like ages, I heard the keys turn in the door and Nat walked in. One look at her, and I knew something was off. "Nat, are you okay?" I asked her as she silently collapsed on her bed. She just muttered a 'yes' and went to change. I reheated the food and waited for her. "Nat, come have dinner. It is getting late." I led her to the table and sat her down. I waited for her to say something and she finally asked me, "Ai''Punn, have you ever been in love with someone but was not sure if you want to pursue him because you didn't want to ruin your friendship with him?" I was rather taken aback by her question. Being the one that secretly liked her and was afraid to confess to her, I didn't know how to reply. I decided to tell her the truth, "Yes, I have been in love with someone but never confessed, because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But I have waited long enough for her. I am confident now and want to say this- Will you go to the prom with me Natsu?" I handed her the bouquet I had bought for her. She stared at me for a moment before replying, "Ai'Punn, I'm sorry. I can't give you an answer right now. I am not sure of my feelings. I will give you my answer on prom night." I withdrew my hand that was still holding the bouquet and replied with, "It's fine. I will wait for your answer. It is getting late and I have somewhere to go. Good night." I dimmed the lights and went to bed with my back to her. I heard her cry silently and was surprised. I had no idea what happened to her before she came home. I thought back to the day we first met and became friends to everything we have been through together. I fell asleep wondering what Nat's reply would be on prom night.