Untitled Part 1

As lighting crashed down from the storm clouds above and rain poured on for what seemed like ages, Savanna under her covers. The soft bed holding her bottom from the ground and the freshly washed comforter shielding her from anything she believed could hurt her. The silky, puppy print pajama set she was wearing fit her comfortably and aiden in her feeling of safety. A small teddy bear with light brown fur and black eyes was nestled in her right arm, where it was always. Even though she would not leave her blanket fortress, the room around her was just as secure. Her bright yellow curtains hung from the window, gently swaying from the wind coming in from a small crack in the window seal. The surrounding walls, a light shade of soft white accompanied by a small pink play house and a large wooden chest where she kept her dolls. Along the walls were shelves with stuffed animals and a fue poster that her mother helped her pick out the week before. The closet held only a small dresser for her clothes, a laundry basket shaped like a frog and a shoe rack that held a pair of small sneeker and sandals for the beach. Her school shoes were kept by the door and her backpack hung on the door handle. Unless she was up playing the door was always shut. Her room was upstairs and right next to her brother and parents' rooms. Her room was in the middle so that she had someone to protect her on either side.

Across the hall from these bedrooms was the bathroom. Directly next to the bathroom wall is a Hello Kitty night light so that she can see to use the restroom at night. Down a short way near the end of the hall is a staircase, recently repaired and only lasting about 20 steps. She had run up and down them since she came here wondering if she could do it faster than last time,a dn every time she would almost slip and catch herself on the carpeted steps. Directly in front of these steps was the front door, double bolted and solid as stone. There was a mat to wipe your feet and even a small place to hang your coat when you walked in the house. Once down the stairs you could either go left or right. Going left would lead you to a very large living room area, the dining room and a wall that separated the kitchen from everything else. The living room was set up with a large brown sofa and coffee colored rug to match. A television was also set up across from the seating area. A coffee table sat on the rug inbetween and served the purpose of hosting family game night. The table was nice and the top was glass. Savanna's parents always warn her not to run in the living room in fear of her hitting her head on the sharp corners.

The dining room was a bit smaller than the living room. The only things in there were a small overhead light that casted a shadow over the dining table that seated exactly four. At the center of the wooden table there was always a bouquet of flowers and every Friday they were exchanged for fresh ones. Her mother lets her pick what flower sometimes and this makes her very happy. Other times her brother or father will choose. Everyone takes turners and this makes everyone happy. If you go the other direction from the door it leads to a library area and the door to the garage. Savanna's father spends a lot of time in the garage making sure the SUV is running smoothly. Sometimes her father will take her and her brother to the library and read them stories about all sorts of things. Other times he makes them dust the book as a chore which is not near as fun. As Savanna thinks of all these wonderful things she has, she can finally stop hiding under the covers and lay down properly. As her head rests gently on her pillow and the blankets incase her in warmth, she drifts to sleep and the world goes silent.

The next mourning as the sun begins to rise, she is woken up by her mother's gentle kiss on the forehead. As her mother exits the room to finish cooking breakfast, Savanna crawls out of bed and walks over to her closet. Feeling in a rather rambunctious mood and knowing she will be playing outside on this lovely day, she chooses to wear a pair of jeans and an orange shirt that has the word "SUMMER" in purple Old English font. After changing into her day clothes she puts her puppy pajamas in the laundry basket and looks for socks. After about ten minutes she finds her favorite pair of anklets and slides them on. Nothing makes her happier than having rainbow colored feet. As she takes a moment to admire her socks, she hears her mother's voice calling to her to come and eat breakfast. Without any hesitation she grabs her shoes and runs downstairs and sees her mother waiting to help her into her seat. Even though Savanna is already six years old, she isn't quite big enough to get onto the chair on her own. Her mother carefully lifts her up and sets her on the chair with a pat on the head and a smile. Her mother sets her shoes next to the chair Savanna is seated in, then walks into the kitchen to get the food.

As her mother is preparing plates Savanna can hear footsteps coming from upstairs. Not long after her brother comes storming down the stairs and leaps into the seat next to her. She looks towards him and they exchange a soft smile as father walks down the steps to join them. Savanna's father takes his seat right as her mother brings out four plates of eggs, lightly buttered toast and fruit salad. After plates have been divided out she takes her seat right next to their father. Before eating, father leans over and kisses Savannas mother and thanks her for the meal. She smiles and nods which signals everyone to begin eating. As everyone quietly enjoys their breakfast, Savanna takes a moment to look at her family. Her mother curled her hair today and was wearing the new blue blouse that father had gotten her for her birthday. Father was in his good work clothes, which for him meant a button up shirt, cacky pants and his dress shoes. Hung over the chair he sat in was a dress jacket that he would put on in the car. Savanna didn't know why her father had to dress so nicely but didn't really care to ask. Finally she gleaned over at her brother, in shock to see that he was actually dressed. Instead of his usual breakfast itire which consisted of pajamas bottoms and messy hair, he was fully clothed. He had a nice red shirt on that had a race truck print and bleu jeans for playing outside. He didn't manage to tie his shoes but at least they were on his feet. This made Savanna giggle, as she finished up her meal she told father that his shoes were untied so that he could tie them for him.

After tying her brother's shoes, father gives everyone a hug and walks out the door to work. Savanna knows that he won't be home until dinner so she waves out the window to make sure he knows that she loves him. Her brother gets up from the table and begins to gather plates, it's his turn to help pick up breakfast. Tomorrow will be Savannas turn. Since she has free time now, Savanna sits by the door and puts on her shoes. After making sure her Velcro is nice and tight, she asks her mother if she can go play in the front yard. Savanna's mother says she can as long as she comes in for lunch and doesn't leave the gate, Savanna agrees and heads outside.