Would you like to enter?

A pulse of energy

That wasn't anything that should be too bad right?

Yeah honestly Jay should've known better by then.

It wasn't that he didn't notice that as soon as he started up the game it released a shockwave. Far from it, hell it threw him backwards making him fall flat on his back. So it wasn't that he didn't notice.

Once that flash of red went through the room he should've known it was a bad sign but he was just so excited it was actually Prime Empire! The Prime Empire!

Besides Jay was the master of lighting, when it involved raw energy he was the person to ask.

But when he felt what came from that game he couldn't describe it. It was as if the energy had a mind of its own with a single idea in mind, spread, it felt intoxicating like no other electricity Jay had felt before.

Something inside of the back of his mind whispered to him to play the game. Play the game and feel that energy again. And hey can you blame him! Its Prime Empire! Man if Cole was here...

As he played it was a blur, sound effects and colors flashing before him as he fell into a rhythm. Electricity sparked and crackled up his arms the way it always did when he was excited.

Suddenly the screen turned red.

"Would you like to enter Prime Empire?"

"Heck yeah I would!" He said a few sparks jumping into the game as he slammed his hand onto the continue button.

Then there was a weird noise and suddenly the cabinet had swung open. He thinks the bright white of the portal might've blinded him a little.

This was so weird he'd never seen an arcade cabinet open like this before. Cole would probably be able to tell him more about that. Plus maybe it had something to do with why the mechanic was after the mother board? He should go get-

A dull fuzz descended on his mind as he felt that electricity coming from the game again. That wonderfully addictive electricity that just screamed for him to come closer, to enter, to grow, to escape.

Oh wait he was getting closer to the portal now was he walking towards it? Who cares as long as he gets more of that energy. Wasn't he going to go tell somebody something? Whatever he needed more Jay needed more of that electricity it was like it was calling him.

He's right in front of the portal now. Sparks are falling off his arms onto the floor as he takes one more step forward into the cabinet. But something changed.

Now it hurt. It was crackling and the portal and his electricity that was normal a nice blue was crackling red off of him and it HURT.

He screamed as another loud crackle ripped up his arms but his shriek was cut off. The cabinet closed and then Jay Walker was just... Gone.

"What is this?" He asked himself looking at this floating glitch in his system.

"He is a player? No. A program? No. Hm he has power He can be used. We can work with this."

"Patch him in."