PART V: HIM AND HER

2021, January 16

With uneven steps, Sunwoo entered his apartment with his hair all messed up. The bags under his eyes were so heavy that he even struggled to flutter his eyelids open. Heading towards his little kitchen, Sunwoo took out a water bottle from the fridge and drank the water until it's half. He then raised the water bottle up to his head, spilling the remaining water to his hair until the water traveled down his body and soaked the floor. Just then, his bedroom door suddenly bursted open.

"Sunwoo? What the hell are you doing?!" Lee Daeyeon, his girlfriend, screamed almost hysterically as she ran up towards Sunwoo.

"It's so fucking hot," Sunwoo grumbled, leaning his soaked self on the girl's body when he felt her presence beside him.

Daeyeon didn't mind did not mind when she also got soaked by the water from Sunwoo himself. Instead, she supported the boy's body by wrapping an arm around Sunwoo's waist.

"Where have you been since yesterday?" she asks Sunwoo who now had his eyes closed.

"Clubbing," said Sunwoo. "With the homies," he added after before pecking on the girl's lips.

Daeyeon let out a sigh and kept quiet after. She then guided Sunwoo on the couch by the living room, gently laying him down.

"Let me get you some new clothes," Daeyeon tells him as she stood up. But before she could take a step, Sunwoo suddenly spoke.

"Baby, are you mad at me?"

Is Daeyeon mad at Sunwoo?

"I'm not."

Well, she is definitely mad.

"You are."

"I am mad at what you did," said Daeyeon. "And you know what you did," she added before walking in of Sunwoo's room and got some clothes for the lad.

"Fuck," Sunwoo cursed under his breath as he struggled to take off his shirt. "I just wanted to have fun," he whispered with his lips pouting, stopping on taking off his shirt when his bare stomach was exposed.

Daeyeon finally got back with clean clothes from Sunwoo's closet. She was about to fully take off Sunwoo's shirt, but the boy gripped on both of her wrists, stopping her to do so.

"I need to take a shower first," mumbled Sunwoo as he got up, kissing both Daeyeon's hands and took his clothes with him that Daeyeon got.

The girl let out a sigh, sitting down on the floor with her head hung low. "What am I supposed to do with you?" Daeyeon pondered. "We are always in this rollercoaster ride. Up and down, round and round─damn it."

Meanwhile, Sunwoo did not last long inside the shower. He was already drying himself with a towel before slipping on the clothes that Daeyeon got for him. He looked himself in the mirror, and that's when he noticed something on himself.

"Ah, fuck," Sunwoo hissed at the purple marks painted all over the skin of his neck down to his chest. "I am such an idiot, a fucking idiot," he tells himself before rushing to the living room.

There he saw the girl, eyes on the floor with her eyes brimming in tears. Sunwoo felt his chest like being stabbed over and over again because of the sight.

All Daeyeon did was for Sunwoo to get better, but the boy would always care about himself. Nonetheless, that was not an enough reason for them to let go of each other. Well, not for now

"Babe, I'm really sorry," Sunwoo apologized and hugged Daeyeon from behind. "I know, you are tired of hearing my apologies over and over again because of the same reason. I would definitely understand if you won't forgive me anymore because I've been a dick and not treating you well enough─"

"Shush it, Sunwoo," Daeyeon interrupts the latter before wiping off her tears. "Do whatever you want and I'll stick to my promise."

"A promise isn't an assurance, babe," Sunwoo whispered on her ear. "If you've had enough of my shits, just tell me and I'll let you go. I don't mind about myself being shattered if it would meant your freedom and happiness."

"I stick to my promises, Kim Sunwoo," Daeyeon repeated in a stoic manner.

Sunwoo closed his eyes with the tip of his nose resting where Daeyeon's neck and shoulder meet. He tightened his arms that are wrapped around her waist, leaving no gap in between his chest and her back.

"When you saved me that night, I did not ask for anything in return," said Sunwoo as he slowly inhaled the scent of blueberries on Daeyeon's hair. "It was you who made your promise. In all honesty, I never expected for you to stay with me for this long. But please, prioritize yourself first."

"Are you trying to say that I should let you go?"

Sunwoo remained still before sucking a sharp breath against Daeyeon's neck. Silence engulfed them for a brief moment, but Sunwoo was quick to interrupt it.

"Whatever makes you happy, Daeyeon," he whispered against her neck.

"But I'm happy being with you," Daeyeon softly spoke. "Just us, together."

Unwrapping his arms around her waist, Sunwoo tilted his head on the side. He then held Daeyeon's face, making the girl to face him.

"I really don't deserve you. But, I couldn't ask for more either way because you are much more than enough," Sunwoo tells Daeyeon as he rested his forehead against hers. "I love you so damn much, babe. You don't need to say it back."

Sunwoo then placed his lips against hers, gently kissing her. It is one of his way to reassure her that no matter what he does or where he goes, he would always come back to where he truly belongs.