Part 4: Farewell Poguelandia

The storm lasted for one and a half days, the rain slowed down and the waves backed up the next afternoon. Pogues spend their time mostly sleeping, trying to make games out of sticks and stones, and daydreaming about leaving the island. They talked about their storm related memories, some fun and some depressing. But in the end, when the sun showed her face again, everyone was pleased that it was over. Especially Kie and JJ, who didn't say a word, or even looked at each other after coming back to the shelter.

JJ was trying to convince himself that he got the closure he needed; he tried not once but twice to kiss Kie, and it was obvious she didn't have feelings for him, or even a small urge to kiss him. On the other hand, Kie was burning with guilt of breaking JJ's heart, and the worst, doing it by lying to him. They both told themselves that it was for the best, they both knew that they would be back to the normal in no time. They were gonna be messing with each other in no time. The problem was, none of them wanted to go back to normal but they were too proud, or scared to admit it.

When they walked back to the beach, the sun almost had almost set.

"We should go fishing before it gets completely dark." Pope said. "We'll find some good fish right after the storm."

"Fish on!" Kie and JJ said at the same time smiling, they looked at each other for less than a second and immediately turned away. 

"Yeah..." said Pope. "You wanna come with me, Kie?"

"Sure! Let's go." she said and followed Pope to the boat that was buried in the sand. They got it out easily since the storm moved most of the sand. Others helped them drag it to the sea, then Kie and Pope hoped on it, leaving the others on the shore. They were using the nets that were already in the boat, but they were worn out because they were used repeatedly. 

After throwing the net into the sea, they sat in silence for a while. they were looking at the shore, watching the others chilling. The sun had disappeared now, leaving behind a very pale light. Pope spoke while filming the net. 

"Funny thing about your bracelet..." he said. "JJ made it out of my popes' nets, did you know that? And you know pops, he's never been a fan of JJ." Kiara smiled. "So he was ready to whoop his ass over some old dirty nets, but JJ told him that he got no money to buy his girlfriend a gift and that's why he is using pops' nets."

"He always knows how to get himself out of a situation, right?" Kie said, ignoring the "girlfriend".

"Yeah, sure knows how to touch my old man's heart." Pope said smiling. "But you know he cares more than he shows, right?" He suddenly got a little more serious. "Maybe not for his girlfriend, but he did struggle all day with smelly old nets to make that. That's someone who cares."

Kie didn't know what to say, or even what to think. She was just trying to avert her eyes from Pope, when she saw a light flickering across the dark sea.

"Hey, Pope." she said standing up. "Did you see that?"

Pope looked over where Kie was pointing. Yes, there was definitely a flashing red light far far away.

"Holy shit." Pope whispered.

"Is that what I think it is?" Kie asked with excitement. 

"Holy shit, Kie!" Pope turned to Kie, he grabbed her and made a lap in the air. "That's a boat! A fucking boat!"

"Is it coming our way?"

"Oh my god, oh my god... I don't know... We should go back, let the others know."

"Yeah, let's head back." Kiara said with a smile on her face. 

When they made it back to the shore, they jumped out of the boat forgetting all about the fish and started running towards the others.