I: Nothing Girl

I: Nothing Girl

More often than not, the Ravens found Reese before Reese found them. Part of it was because while now they were fragmented — the divisions of the growing number of vampires and decreasing number of witches taking a sure toll — they had once been a remarkably united coven. They knew how to work with each other, with or without magic, and easily outnumbered her. That was the practicality of it, but in Reese's opinion, the numbers didn't make a difference. All a raven witch feared was another raven witch: brought up with the same teachings and versed in the same volatile, wilful magic. It depended on who had the better mind; the unreachable mind. 

Reese didn't require much beyond a strong will to cast a powerful cloaking spell on herself and Diane didn't require much beyond an equally strong will to break that spell. Count in revenge and you have a fight that never ends. 

Which in turn contributed to Reese's decision.

 Bad decision. 

 Bad decisions

The sole factor that motivated her to label them that was remorse. Heavy and akin to guilt, because it was the root cause. Because she ran from what she did to Az. Because it wasn't the part where she condemned Az to a lifetime of misery nor the part where she left her in the hands of humans, mind rotting away in an asylum. Guilt for not feeling guilt. Regret for running from them. 

She made a list in her head:

1) Fourteen years later, she was the epitome of a Raven Witch and everything mom and dad didn't want her to be. Jet black hair and chubby cheeks and a face carved to deceive. She held a timeless air about her which helped her pass off as a high school student. Which brought her to the next point:

2) Mystic Falls. 

Mystic Falls invoked some weird feelings in her. It was a remarkably prosaic town when she chose it — fairly rich population; lots of white people; the everyone-knows-everyone jig. Elijah and Nik's childhood home. The twisted poetry or the idea that she would settle in a place with no magic made it the perfect candidate.