CHAPTER 8: NO! AND NEW HOME

HARRY

***Before Caitlin walked in***

It hurt seeing my best friend so sad and heartbroken especially since I knew how much she loved Ron, I thought of her as a sister that I would always protect and be there for. It was weird to see her smile but not meet her eyes.  I was missing my red-hair best friend. I hope he is somewhere safe.  Maybe I should've stopped him from leaving but what he said about me not having a family and not knowing what it felt like not to have them near you had really angered me. I might not know what it's like to be away from a loving mother and family who raised their children with warmth and full of heart but that doesn't mean I don't know how it feels to walk away from one and lose a real one after so long of thinking you had no one.

I looked up at Hermione again as a soft song played on the radio and she lowered her head. Maybe I can cheer her up for a night. I know Caitlin will understand. I still remember how she told me last night that she wishes Hermione could smile again, a proper one. Even if it was just for a night. So I got up and walked over to her, holding my hand out. She looked unsure at first but then allowed me to pull her up and bring her to the middle of the tent. I began to move our arms back and forth, swaying to the music until she couldn't suppress one from forming on her face.

We continued to spin and dance around until we were both laughing and it was nice to see a happy, true smile on her expression. She laid her chin on my shoulder and I laid my head on hers as we just enjoyed the fun moment. We began to pull away just as the song was ending only to notice Caitlin standing there. "Caitlin" I called taking a step towards her but stopped and felt a stab in my heart when I saw her stepped back. Why was she stepping back? Oh no. Please don't she thinks - "Caitlin, I promise you. It's not what you think" I tried to explain but tears continued to roll down her checks as she shook her head. Each shake of her head and tear drop on her cheeks continued to stab at my heart. 

"Caitlin, please you know I would never betray-" but Caitlin wouldn't hear the rest of Hermione's sentence and continued to back away. "Caitlin. Don't please. You know that I love you" I pleaded with all my emotions in my eyes "Please let me ex-" but she turned and ran before I could finish. "Caitlin!" I ran after her "Caitlin, come back!" Hermione pleaded following behind "Piss off!" she screamed at us. "Caitlin, please!" "Let us explain!" but Caitlin continued to run away from us, changing into her wolf form and dashing off into the woods at an increasing speed. No! I'm not losing her. 

I ran faster as hard as I could till I found myself in the woods, looking in every direction. "Did you catch her?" Hermione asked finally catching up to me "No. But we gotta find her" my voice was in a state of panic as I ran a hand through my hair. "We'll find her. Look!" Hermione pointed to the ground "Caitlin's wolf prints" "Quickly let's go!" we ran and ran in the direction of her prints, getting deeper and deeper into the woods. 

"Caitlin!" I shouted "Caitlin! Where are you!?" just then we heard our code names "Belle! Dan!" it was faint but still audible. I felt my whole body shake as I heard those names. We all agreed to only use our codes names if we were in a tight spot or in the presence of - oh please no. Hermione looked just as panicked as I was "Caitlin!" I called again "Sounds like it came from that direction" I didn't hesitate to run in the direction and was praying so much in my heart that she caught, my heart was thumping rapidly against my chest.

I stopped and looked around again as I heard a nearby voice say ""And this one, is not going to the ministry" I ran in the direction and just as I was coming over the hill I could see Caitlin's crimson hair in the distance but not alone, she was in the presence and clutches of Scabior. Rage, panic and heart ache took over me as I saw him begin to pull her on her arm roughly. No! No! I can't lose her "Get your hands off her!" I yelled running towards them with my wand but before I could get close enough to reach them, tentacles of roots shot from out of the ground and wrapped around my legs and arms, pinning me to the crusty leaved ground.