What's New?

"So guys, what's up?"

"Really Perce, what's up?" Silena laughed.

"Yeah, I mean, I haven't seen you guys in a long time. So, what do you expect me to say? How have you guys been? You've been, no offense, dead. And in Elysium. So I kind of know how you've been. But what is like?"

Beckendorf smiled and grabbed Silena's hand. "It's amazing Perce. I love living, but I also love how nice it was down there, do you guys get what I'm saying?"

Bianca and Luke smiled too, and Luke said, "Yeah, I do get it."

Percy knew this was probably a touchy subject, but he had to bring it up.

"So, you guys are friends now right? I mean, not to be rude, but Luke was the reason the you guys died. Not you Bianca, but Silena and Beckendorf. And you kind of blackmailed Silena into helping you too."

All three of them burst out laughing.

"I don't get it, if what Percy says is true, why are you guys laughing?" Bianca asked.

"Be-because, when L-Luke first got into Elysium, he wouldn't s-stop apologizing!" Beckendorf said in between laughs. Silena almost fell off her padded chair next to her boyfriend.

"It was so an-annoying! We eventually yelled at him t-to stop, and he looked em-embarassed, and walked away, it was soo awkward!"

Bianca was smiling so hard from the three of them laughing, she eventually joined in also. Then I followed, and then we were all just sitting in the middle of the hallway to our rooms laughing. Once the laughter died down Bianca asked me a question.

"What's up with you, Perce? I mean, you've been living, having new experiences and all that, right?"

My smile dropped. "Yeah, not good experiences though. We just had another war with Gaea."

"You mean like, the Earth?" Beckendorf asked.

"Yeah, I do. And guess who was the victim it the prophecies? Me. Yay!" I said sarcastically. 

Luke frowned. "There hasn't been two wars in almost two years in a long time."

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. "It's just my luck to be in the center of two major wars."

"Ok, well some good things have had to have come from it." Silena said. "Have you gotten together with Annabeth yet? And you're bound to have made some new friends."

I scowled. "Not anymore, I did get together with Annabeth, and I did have some new friends, but that all ended." I then explained my problem with Robby, and everything else.

"Even after you had gone through Tartarus to be with her? She still did that? That doesn't sound like Annabeth, and I've known her since she was seven!" 

I shrugged. "I guess things change."

Luke frowned, like he still didn't believe me, but that was the truth. He needed to except that. 

We had reached the lounge. "Ok guys, this is the lounge, where we can hang out. Those doors lead to your rooms, mine is the dark blue one, but you guys can chose what door you want."

Beckendorf chose the fiery orange one, Silena chose the dark magenta, Bianca chose the purple, and Luke chose the gold door.

"Well, it's pretty late, so I'm going to go to bed." Silena said. Beckendorf followed her example and went to his room also. Luke stayed awake and sat in the chair across from me.

"Listen, Percy, I'm sorry. For everything I did to you."

"Luke, the only thing you ever did to me was forgiven a long time ago. I think you're a hero. That's why I brought you here. Because in the end you made up for the mistakes you made."

Luke smiled gently, the firelight reflecting off of his scar. 

"The gods were never fair to us, huh?"

"I don't think they can be fair, actually."

Luke snorted. "Nope, they cannot. Speaking of the gods, was my father proud of what I did?"

"Let me think, do you mean sacrificing yourself, so that everyone could live? No Luke, he wasn't." I said sarcastically. 

Luke smiled at me. "Thanks Percy, for giving me another chance."

"Yeah, well," I shrugged, "You deserved one."

Luke was about to get up when I had made up my mind on something. "Luke, would you want to be my second in command?"

Luke grinned at me. "No, Percy, I wouldn't" He copied my sarcasm from earlier. "Thanks again. For bringing me back."

"You're welcome." 

Percy was glad that he and Luke could still be friends after all that had happened between them, but he also wished that he didn't have to bring Luke and the others back for comfort. He should've had that in his friends at Camp Half-Blood. I guess not, he thought bitterly as he went to his room.

(Thanks for reading guys I appreciate it! In fact, have a blue cookie! 🍪🔵 Thanks for reading, and remember, I do not own Percy Jackson, Uncle Rick does!)