Sunset

It's been a couple days, although as much as my fake enthusiasm goes for this blog, it would be great if you would stop yelling at me to update. I'm a young artist struggling for money. I don't exactly have time to inform you on my causality of a life and paint for rent at the same time.

It feels as if I'm living in Antarctica rather then New York, and the rain situation has only grown more gruesome let me tell you. I glanced over the comments and it's rather sweet that I have some former New Yorkers wanting to meet me. But I'd rather keep my identity a secret, sorry I'll be turning down your kind offers.

The past five days I've collected dust at the coffee shop, waiting for this Michael, to return. But sadly it was the last I've seen of him.

I strolled down to the shop the other day, this time without a free pass from rain. I was in the easiest way to put it, drenched from head to toe. My canvas that I was planning to paint on, was damp as well but I figured I'd make do.

It was almost sun setting hour, which made a perfect mural to create in my head. I could already see the colors I wanted to paint with, bright oranges, fading into alluring dark reds. The sun would cast over the city, and the wet pavement would all tie the scenario together wonderfully.

A warm heat hit my face as I entered, cinnamon, and blueberry scents roamed around. Sure enough Katie jumped like a prairie dog at my entrance. Nobody lurked around the shop, as it was close to closing time. But Katie always made an exception for me, considering we were friends.

"Green tea?" I nearly whispered, shaking like a leaf as my fingers were red and numb from the frost air outside.

"Sure lulu" a wild grin appeared on her face, maybe it was the use of the nickname she created for me. It was rather girly in the least, but to be fair I did wear flower crowns, and argue that it was salmon not pink.

I took a seat near the window, soaking up the exasperated colors of the setting sky. Quickly and carefully I pulled the canvas I was hiding under a small tarp, pulling out all sorts of paint brushes from my book bag.

I perched the canvas up rite, focusing carefully on the scene. I closed my eyes using my photo memory to remain the picture in my head, then I started stroking the service with the brush dipping in bright electric orange.

My pink tongue stuck between my teeth as I dragged the brush down in perfect parallel lines.

"Here" Katie's voice broke into my thoughts as the table rattled once she set the steaming cup of tea down.

"Thanks" I mumbled not breaking eye contact from the painting, I knew I didn't have much time until the sun was gone and it left the sky to blues and blacks.

A screeching sound of a chair ruined the blissful silence, Katie taking a seat next to me perched on her hands and elbows gazing at me as I paint.

It was peaceful, the quiet sound of the tea kettle bubbling and Katie's even breathing as she hummed softly. The sun glowing shadows in the windows of the coffee shop, making pretty colors spread across the chocolate brown wood floor.

The small sound of the bell rang, alerting that someone had entered, but I still remained fixated on my project. Now adding yellows and blood like reds.

Katie stood up clearly about to say something before she was cut off,

"I know it's almost closing time, but i just got dumped" a familiar voice cowardly whimpered out, that's when I looked up from the canvas to be met with what I'd been searching for.

It was Michael.