06; 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐓 𝐔𝐏 as she twirls her small dress around in front of Philio who looks unimpressed by it. Celeste claps happily from the joy she's giving "I smell so Good! I've never sniffed anything like this in my life~" Leonia stated, sniffing her clothes slightly with her face filled with enchantment.

Meleis seems pleased by the effort she has put in, Her lady and Duchess Celeste seem satisfied although Philio has other plans to compliment Leonia.

"You're still ugly even after a bath" With that, a joyful smile fell right on her face. Celeste quickly shot her husband a glare and he shrugs lazily. Leonia angrily kicked his long legs which didn't hurt a bit "Well, have you added anything on my face?!" She screams in rage.

Celeste sighed tiredly at the two love-hate moments as she sipped in her tea "I didn't have anything to do with that, but you're our daughter now. So I should worry about it all the time" Philio stated causing her to glance at him "Just live with it! This is your future!!" Leonia retorted.

She watches Leonia being carried to her seat with Philio sitting next to her, numerous dishes was placed on the table as they both continue to blabber nonsense, Celeste started to piss off as she calmly placed the teacup down. Meleis notice her change of demeanour and quickly flinches to see a dark aura surrounding her.

Both childish children flinched from the sudden aura on the table as they slowly looked at Celeste who had a calm face yet her smile could be a sinister one "If you both continue your yammering at the table, it's best if you don't eat dinner" Both of them quickly shut their mouths, Meleis slightly tremble at the sudden tension. Celeste turns back to her happy facade as she clasps her hands together delightedly "Perfect!" She exclaims before ushering them to eat.

Leonia deadpanned at the sudden change of demeanour, looking at Celeste deeply when she neatly ate her supper, chatting with Philio who listened quietly and replied with short words.

She smiled quietly.

After dinner, Philio silently stares at Celeste who sang a soft lullaby while tucking Leonia to sleep who immediately dozed off after landing on her bed, the woman combs the child's locks "She looks familiar, isn't she darling?" She asked, slightly whispering for Leonia not to be woken up by their voices. Words were left unsaid as he walked away from the room leaving Celeste gazing at the moonlight with a sad smile.

Philio sat in a room alone with Meleis, he sat on his chair with his legs crossed "Dame Levipath." He calls out. The Knight hums "The abuse seemed pretty serious. According to the lady, the beatings took place continually over long periods." She reported and looked down with a sad look "I was surprised because she was small for her age, but it looks like they didn't feed her properly as well"

The room fell silent before Philio called her out once again "Dame Levipath"

"Yes, your grace"

"Send a word to the orphanage" his eyes darken "Anyone who dares to touch the children will be brought back to the Dukedom" Philio announces.

His chocolate brown eyes spark dangerously as Celeste rests her back against the wall, listening through their conversation quietly and silently. She closed her eyes and she walks a few steps behind, proceeding to walk away from the room.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟"

Celeste uncomfortably moves to the side of the bed, feeling cold and slightly irritated at the weather. She pulled the blanket further to her body until it covered her up, she sat up. The door creeks open causing her to let out a gasp of surprise before putting a hand on her chest in relief to see Philio coming in. The man chuckled and shut the door closed, locking it.

"Having trouble sleeping?" He asked and pulled the blanket away from the spot next to her, letting him sit and scooted close to her; pulling the blanket close to them again.

His wife just hummed and rested her head on his chest, listening to his calm heartbeat as Philio rested his head on the headboard while running his fingers through her hair. He could feel her breathing softly "Do you think Leonia will be happy?" She asked out of the blue, she felt his finger pause and softly hum "I mean.. I have only taken care of my nephews" she whispered, remembering her two nephews who were some bunch of troublemakers, climbing around tall branches without any assistance or someone to look after them.

The only one sane is their younger cousin who's the only son of Jun Lambrose. A bookworm and the only person who spends his time reading alone in the big room of the library.

"You mean Azriel and Ambrosine. Claude's brats" Philio says in amusement, remembering the kids who gave him chilling glares when he stepped in at the House Of The Lambrose; fetching Celeste from her overnight stay.

The woman laughs "Yeah."

Philio kissed the crown of her head and held her hand tightly "There's no need for you to worry, love. We'll figure this out together" He comforted as Celeste moved her head up to look at him with a small frown plastered on her face "Promise?"

He nodded and leaned forward to her lips, softly crashing his lips onto hers. His hand moves quickly on her waist, slightly pulling her closer to his body as he parted her legs with his knee, resting his leg between hers.

Celeste couldn't help but slightly gasp from the sudden slight small of pleasure she felt below her "You're making me horny, Duke Boleoti" she said when she pulled away with a small pout. The man laughs at her and leans himself on her forehead, lovingly looking at her with a soft smile "I love you" she continues.

She didn't hear any reply but she felt a wave of butterflies in her stomach when Philio leaned on her lips slowly before whispering "I love you too".

— 🐻 —

꒰꒰  ❛ ❏ 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 ¡!~ ⌒⌒

edited.