Fettuccine Alfredo

The Andromeda system was known as a thriving starport long before either Greg or Hannah had set foot on a spaceship. The hundreds of planets housed thousands of communities and millions of shops. One of these shops, in particular, sold Hannah's favorite freeze-dried food.

 Fettuccine alfredo. Light years away from Earth, the next best thing to being home was eating food from home. And maybe reading books from Earth. But that's beside the point.

 In the first week of being on the ship, she had made a friend. Greg was in charge of creating the portals that would allow the starship to leap lightyears away in a single moment. It was a big job, but when he wasn't needed on the bridge, he and Hannah would often hang out and discuss the latest drama aboard the ship.

 And Greg loved to pull pranks on just about anybody in his orbit. Which, unfortunately for Hannah, mostly meant her.

 Usually, she would find a single shoe missing from under her bed. Sometimes, her favorite jacket would be missing. And she always found them near Greg, who would be laughing so hard tears would threaten to fall. 

 Then, his pranks became bigger. He had invented a tracking device that he could attach to an item, then send it through a portal. When he pressed a hidden button on his portal remote, the device would activate a portal and bring the item back.

 Only, he hadn't told Hannah about his new invention. So when she returned from the Andromeda system with nearly 100 pounds of freeze-dried fettuccine alfredo in tow, he knew that the time to test his device had come...

 Hannah strode up to Greg and they did a complicated handshake. "Dude, you would not believe how crowded Ferren was. I could hardly get into any of the shops!"

 Greg nodded thoughtfully as they walked through the halls. "I've heard that around this time of year, all the exploration ships are stocking up for the next year. By the way, what did you get from the Andromeda system?"

 "Nothing much," Hannah shrugged, nodding pointedly out a nearby viewing port. Greg followed her line of sight. 

 Tethered to the ship, with stars reflecting in the foil wrappers was a massive bundle of freeze-dried food packets. 

 "It's enough to last a year of dinners," Hannah said suddenly, pulling Greg's gaze from the unholy cluster of metallic packets floating just outside. "I'll share, on one condition; do NOT hide my food."

 Greg made the most innocent face he could muster, without looking too innocent. "Honestly, I'm shocked you think I could hide something as big as that," he said, pointing out the viewing port. "Also, why would I want to hide the food when you just offered to share?"

 Hannah narrowed her eyes at him. "Alright, I trust you. I'm going to check out the new swimming pool. Don't do anything weird while I'm gone."

 Greg chuckled to himself as she disappeared around a corner. "No promises," he whispered, pulling a portal device from his pocket. 

 Hello tortellinis, and thanks for reading the first chapter of Portal Greg and Hannah :)

 My little brother actually came up with the idea for this story, so all storyline credit goes to him :)