Package Out for Delivery

In AvM episode 25, there seems to be a period of time between when the king captures Green, Yellow, and Blue, and when Purple and Red arrive with the Minecraft block. This is what I imagine happened to Green, Yellow, and Blue. No content warnings other than what was shown in AvM short 25.

-------

Green landed hard on his back. He lay still for a moment to let his head stop spinning and to get his breath back. Iron bars. Green wool. Stick keys, this was a problem. Hopefully Blue or -

He heard the sound of punches and grunts below him. A moment later, a yellow blur and a blue blur hit the cages behind him with metal thuds.

He didn't understand. They had the king cornered. Then suddenly their weapons just... faded. Disappeared. Reuben had disappeared too. He had stood there in shock before -

He scrambled to his knees. Behind him came the sound of a fist hitting the cage bars, a yelp, a body hitting the floor. He turned around. "It's no use. You're only hurting yourself." Yellow glanced at him for a second before he hit the cage again, with the same result.

Blue was mumbling rapidly. "What happened, where's my bow, where's my inventory -"

Green instinctively flicked through his own inventory - perhaps he had another ender pearl - and then realised that he didn't have an inventory. This unnerved Green more than landing in the cage.

The king was standing below them, arms crossed, a smug smile across his face.

"What did you do?" Green shouted downwards.

The king shrugged. He looked gleeful. "I'm pretty sure that wasn't me this time."

Green made a noise of disgust. "You know something. Tell us!"

From behind Green came Blue's voice. "Where's Purple? Where's our friends?"

The king made an exaggerated thinking expression. "I could be wrong - this is quite a wild theory - but I think our friend Purple has retrieved your Minecraft block and is back in the Nether!"

Green closed his eyes. This was bad. He heard Yellow gasp. "Our block. Our block is no longer on our computer. Our stuff - Reuben -"

The king clapped. "Well done! I knew you were the smart one!"

Green kept his face defiant, but quietly spared a thought for their little pink friend. Oh Red, I'm sorry, I tried...

The king had walked a few paces away from them, humming the jukebox music. The music actually wasn't half-bad. If this was an actual disc in the game - Green pushed away the thought.

He looked at the others. Yellow was crouched now, gingerly feeling out the walls of his cage. Blue was sitting with his knees to his chest. Yellow muttered, "I'm sorry Blue. I... I thought... I didn't know it'd be this bad..."

Blue's voice was muffled. "I'm sorry too. I just saw the netherwart and..."

Green felt his irritation rise. He was going to have to take charge. "We can talk about this later. We need to figure out how to get out of here." He lowered his voice as the king turned back and looked up at them again.

He called out, "Hey, King. Enlighten a stick, will you? What's your plan for the block?"

The king paused his humming. He made that same mocking thinking expression. After a minute, or several hours by Green's nerves, the king looked upwards and shrugged. "Power."

Green crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. "Care to elaborate?"

The king wagged a finger at him and winked. "Oh no, that would spoil the fun." Sticky keys, he wasn't the monologuing type.